Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: Hatsan model 125 "Sniper" caliber .25

Boolit Grand Master

Hatsan model 125 "Sniper" caliber .25

Good morning
    Pyramid is running a sale (11% off) so I decided to buy one. Bought the Vortex (gas piston) QE (surpressed) which is supposed to generate about 700 - 750 fps depending on the .25 ammo we use.
    We have owned a Sheridan Blue Streak .177 since 1978 so decided to get the larger caliber. Super accurate with a receiver sight. I can zip pigeons at 40 yards with that fine old pumper.

So all you Hatsan caliber .25 owners... What works best ?
    Are the scopes Hatsan sells with the rifle trash or usable ?
    For break in is the instruction book understandable and accurate ?
    Do you cast for your Hatsan .25 and what mold should I look to ?
    Any advice you have I am open to read.. Thank you !!

And for all you that have written in these threads about your rifles thank you !!! This is a big step for us.
    Mike in LLama Land
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy
    Seneca 35.8 gr hunting pellets and Predator Polymag 26 gr both shot real accurate from my Hatsan 95 25 cal. The JSB got lots of good reviews but were not real impressive for my gun.

The scope that came with mine I would consider junk. I put a Williams receiver sight on mine.

Boolit Grand Master

Thank you Hawkenhunter
    Our Hawken is a .54 and a fine shooter it is.
    My eyes still do very well with receiver sights so may order one up to have ready for when the scope gets removed.
    Between the Seneca and the Predator which would you go with for an all purpose small critter smacker ?
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Boolit Buddy
    Not sure just yet, haven't tested on anything other than paper and water jugs. They are both accurate enough for small game and both penetrated water jugs well. In another month or so I'll be able to test them out on chipmunks. I'm guessing they'll both do well. The Seneca do seem to hit hard, they were knocking over a 2 litre jug filled with water at about 15 yards. Glad I tried them, what i read was that the heavy weights like that would not work well except in a PCP gun, but figured I'd try anyhow. They were the most accurate pellet I tested out of probably 10 or so different pellets.

Boolit Grand Master

Thank you !! I will order me a couple packs of them.
    When I ordered the rifle I bought a 150 round pack of the generic stuff Pyramid sells as the shipping was free. Should do well just to break in the barrel....

Boolit Grand Master

My 135 QE Vortex .25, likes H&N Field Target Trophy's and you cannot go wrong with JSB Exact pellets. But, that being said, pellet rifles are like .22's in that they will show a preference for a specific pellet. Check with Straightshooters.com as they have a pretty expansive pellet sampler which you can try to find out what your rifle likes
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Grand Master

Thank you Stubshaft !!
    I will take a look at that sight........