Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Pecar Berlin 4X81 Scope

Boolit Master

Pecar Berlin 4X81 Scope

I have a PB scope with the serial number in the 13K range. I was wondering if anyone has information on the dates of manufacture and serial numbers?

Boolit Master
    I looked in Old Rifle Scopes, there is a Pecar imported from Germany from 1954 till 1961. There is not a model that is listed like yours. If you check again or have more info I will look again. Do hope this helps.

Boolit Buddy
    I've owned a few over the years and rate them highly but I can't help with dates and serials.

They were very popular here in Australia throughout the 60's to 80's and they are still highly sought after.

The '81' denotes the light transmission. The scope is actually a 4x35.
    They are steel with blued finish and most are 26mm tubes and recticle moving so best used with mounts that offer some form of windage adjustment.

The glass on these was ahead of it's time. They had outstanding image quality and a good example today is still better than a Leupold FX-II 4x33.
    As they age they can suffer from lenses delaminating and/or losing their gases so the image will start to show some yellowing or fogging. They can be serviced and there are still 2 reputable repair shops here in Australia that work on them regularly.

Later models (often called the "Champion") came with 1" tubes and image moving adjustments but in my opinion they are not as good as the older models.

Average price on the used market here is $400 Australian dollars and they usually sell quite fast.