MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thought on the LEE Load-All - Is it worth my time?

Boolit Master
    I use a Lee load all to load 00 buck and slugs.
    have a look at my post on the simple hitek coating thread.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...78#post5147278
    I use a 4 pin roll crimper in a drill press.
    There are pictures of the rounds as well as data.
    post # 14096
    My Lee is a 1985 vinatge.
    Aslo have 2 Pacific DL 105 presses too. But never use them as the Lee is easier to swap between load types.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    If you’re going to load day 25 shells every month or two so be it . I’ve never used a Lee shotgun loader so I cannot say anymore than that . I’ve got MEC single stage loaders for everything from 8 gauge to 410 and other then the 8 n 10 the others are used just for buckshot , punkin balls , slugs and Bismuth . For bird target loads I use MEC 9000’s for the 12 , 16 , 20 , 28 and 410 . Now with that being said of money we’re no object I’d use Ponsness Warren 800+ machines for all those I have in 9000’s as well as a PW LS-1000 for 10 gauge 2 7/8” but I’d still use the single stage MEC’s for slugs buck etc and of course the 8 single for everything . I truely HATE the time it takes to load large quantities on a single stage years ago I’d load 800-1000 on PW loaders in an evening and I can do that now with the 9000’s I just don’t think they’re as dependable as the PW loaders . But economy is important now .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Grand Master

I have a Lee Load All II with 12 ga, 16 ga, and 20 ga sets. I had 3 MEC's at one time. I also have a PW 375 with 12 ga and 16 ga tool sets. My PW is now my main press. I still use my Lee for quick and short testing runs if I don't have my PW set up for what I want, as there is zero set up time, just slap whatever gauge set you want in there and use it. I sold one MEC, one I use for 10 gauge currently, and the third was a gift, so I wont sell it. That one sits in the corner unused. If I had the means to shoot more, I'd buy a 12 ga PW progressive, and get 10ga tooling for the PW 375. Take that for what it is. The Lee is not a waste of time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I have a Lee Load All II with 12 ga, 16 ga, and 20 ga sets. I had 3 MEC's at one time. I also have a PW 375 with 12 ga and 16 ga tool sets. My PW is now my main press. I still use my Lee for quick and short testing runs if I don't have my PW set up for what I want, as there is zero set up time, just slap whatever gauge set you want in there and use it. I sold one MEC, one I use for 10 gauge currently, and the third was a gift, so I wont sell it. That one sits in the corner unused. If I had the means to shoot more, I'd buy a 12 ga PW progressive, and get 10ga tooling for the PW 375. Take that for what it is. The Lee is not a waste of time.
    “If” one isn’t already used to other machines I would think the Lee is fine , however if a person is used to this that or the other I’d look at it kind of as a step backward . But as said earlier if said person is new to loading and only plans to a box or two at a time then it oughtta be perfect . But personally if I wasn’t going to load anymore than eight boxes a year I’d just opt to buy factory (well if ammo was readily available).
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Mold
    I decided to get back into a little shotshell loading when the store shelves became empty. I bought a Lee load all just in the nick of time. The other brands were all sold out. I found a old Neidemeyer in my boxes of stuff and haven't been able to get a good crimp on it.

I loaded these yesterday on the Lee Load-All II press. The recipe came from the Lyman 5th Edition Shotshell Reloading Handbook, and were almost as specified, which in part accounts for the good results. Hulls: Win. AA, Primer: Cheddite 209, Powder: 20 gr. Red Dot, Wad: Claybuster substitute WAA12, Shot: 1 1/8 oz. NP No 7. Three or four of the crimps raised up slightly, but another trip through the crimper with a little more pressure solved the problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM006767.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	280526

DG

I have a large accumulation of shotgun presses. Ponsness-Warren, Mec, Texan, C&H, Pacific and Lyman along with the Lee Load ALL II's and several hand kits. Lee, Russian and Survivor kits. In use, The Ponsness-Warren 375 for birdshot and the Lee Load All for Buckshot and slugs. Gp

Boolit Master

I agree with Gp, the Ponsness-Warren 375 makes some of the nicest shells I've seen. I will own of these some day!!!
    I use my Lyman Easy Loader for most anything I do at the moment, I have everything setup for roll crimping.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master

The Mec is a better press but I don't think it produces any better ammo than the Lee. For the volume you described the Lee is all you will ever need.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12