Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Star sizer die removal?

Star sizer die removal?

Hello I purchased a Star sizer from a friend, he only loaded one type of bullet so only needed one sizer die. My question is how do I remove the sizer die, It has a set screw on the side which I removed and I tried to pry up the die but without any luck. I don't want to screw anything up! Also where can I get a manual for the sizer?
    THANKS!!

If you don't have the die puller, buy one......or

Heat the die area up with a hair dryer/heat gun, and use the appropriate size wooden dowel to drive the die up from the bottom.
    NRA Life Member

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed that Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Governments are afraid to trust their people with arms." - James Madison.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

There is a tool that comes with the Star for die removal. The top punch is removed and one end of the tool screws in the same hole that the top punch came out of. There is an all thread rod that screws into the piece that replaced the top punch. The ram is then lowered and a plug is screwed onto the all thread rod below the die. Raise the handle and the die comes out.
    I’ve read a thread somewhere here a while back on an improvised way of removing the dies.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Get in touch with Magma and they will sell you the tool and manual. It's better to have the correct tool.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Thanks A little heat did the trick!!!

Banned
    you can make a tool also. -chris

Boolit Grand Master
    Here is what it looks like:

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore