Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Star Sizer, Bullet Feed Video

Boolit Buddy

Star Sizer, Bullet Feed Video

In response to a recent thread that (imagine this) drifted onto how the bullet feeder on a Star Sizer works I decided to make a video of how it works, and how I use it.

Caveat: My primary use for the Star sizer is for high volume sizing. No, every boolit is not picture perfect, but there are 20,000 or so a year I cast that are as good or better than most commercial cast boolits. My rifle boolits get done one at a time (no feeder) and dropped into my hand.

So here is a video of the Star Sizer, Boolit Feeder, Heated Base, Air Feed, and Shovel Handle all working together.

Star Sizer Video
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways
    to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."
    - Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)

"The most effective way to find ourselves enslaved
    will not be done openly. If weakened we will sink gradually. I ask, who are the militia? They consist of the whole people,.... except a few public officers."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

shazam!!

Can you do a video for first time set up procedures too?
    Alignment of the lube groove(s) vs the holes in the die is a frustrating exercise here.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    shazam!!

Can you do a video for first time set up procedures too?
    Alignment of the lube groove(s) vs the holes in the die is a frustrating exercise here.
    Will do, I have a thousand or so 38 boolits to size so maybe tomorrow night or the night after I will show how I do that part.

Any other Star sizer related videos that would be helpful? Maybe a few videos will save the long explanations we get into here especially with first time users of this machine.
    to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."

will not be done openly. If weakened we will sink gradually. I ask, who are the militia? They consist of the whole people,.... except a few public officers."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Do one on putting lube in the machine!

Many newbie's have a problem getting the Star apart when they need to add lube!

It wouldn't hurt if you covered how the lube injector works as well. Many with Lyman or RCBS experience have difficulty getting the idea!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    Do one on putting lube in the machine!

Many newbie's have a problem getting the Star apart when they need to add lube!

It wouldn't hurt if you covered how the lube injector works as well. Many with Lyman or RCBS experience have difficulty getting the idea!
    That should not be too hard to show. I have actually never used the spring fed version on the lube reservoir though because I bought the air feed when I got the sizer and used it from day one. The concept is similar though.

- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    I will also suggest that any and all video's concerning this subject be made a sticky for future reference!

Shazam +1!!!!

How about a Star sizer Forum? I think that we definately need a sticky for Star setup - some srt of a place to post some questions that get asked over and over.

Forester - you did a great job on that video.
    NRA Life Member

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed that Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Governments are afraid to trust their people with arms." - James Madison.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx1 View Post
    Shazam +1!!!!

How about a Star sizer Forum? I think that we definately need a sticky for Star setup - some srt of a place to post some questions that get asked over and over.

Forester - you did a great job on that video.
    Thanks, with recent- and upcoming- goings on at work it pleases me to do something productive that might help someone else out and does not come with a need for antacids

- Thomas Jefferson

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Forester, Good work on the video. Let me say tho that adding lube to a spring machine is not similar to the air units. Before I installed my air cylinder, I had a few bouts with the machine when adding lube. The spring would sometime unscrew from the bushing cup or stick at the bottom of the cylinder. When changing with the air unit I simply put air to the bottom hole and up comes the cylinder. Unscrew top, add lube, reattach bushing and screw on to cylinder and keep lubing.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

words can't express how neat this video was Thanks and do some more

Banned

good job. Works better then i thought it wood. My problem would be filling groves. I size out in the barn in the winter alot and it can be below zero out there. Even with a lube heater its a fine balancing act to make sure all teh lube grove is filled especially on large cal. bullets. I about have to check every other one. So the speed i go without one is about as fast as i could go anyway.