Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy weather!

Boolit Master

Crazy weather!

75 yesterday, severe thunderstorm last night, at 4:00 am woke up to thunder, but not rain SNOW, this morning SNOW and 60 mph wind. All this in a 12 hr period .
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master
    global warming
    heads up we only have 11 more years remaining
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

We call it "Spring" up here... 60 today and tomorrow, chance of snow on Friday.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I don't have my hopes up, the grass is starting to grow here on the edge of the smokies and probably as soon as the flowers come out of the peach trees it will freeze real good and destroy the crop once again.

Boolit Master

Moderately warm days and cold nights. No flooding (as long as we don't get rain on frozen ground) and the maple sap gatherers are happy. So far so good.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    Amarillo has some of the worst weather in all of Texas. My wife and I almost froze one October while trying to take pictures at the big cross. I worked with a man who inherited a 3k acre ranch near there but refuses to live on it. He lives in Thousand Oaks , Ca.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    March comes in like a lion , goes out Like a lamb.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    75 yesterday, severe thunderstorm last night, at 4:00 am woke up to thunder, but not rain SNOW, this morning SNOW and 60 mph wind. All this in a 12 hr period .
    Let’s consider the opposite condition:

Do we remember many stretches of reasonable weather?

I do not recall any, ‘cause it’s weather!

Severe T-storms are caused by a serious cold front pushing up against warm air. Once the storm passes you are likely to get the much colder air behind the T-storms if the cold front is moving across your area as opposed to sliding across and away.

In the spring time that cold air mass is likely to bring cold enough temps to creat snow. In the warmer weather it just brings a welcome cool off from even higher temps.

Three44s
    Last edited by Three44s; 03-18-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Buddy
    Same here in Maryland. High 70's - low 80's a day or so last week. Today and tomorrow cold rain that may change to snow tomorrow morning. A few years ago I was doing some October hunting in the mountains of western Maryland. In one day I experienced: rain, sleet, snow, wind, clear sunny skies, dark gray clouds and temperature changes from morning cold to mild to downright cold with windswept rain and sleet.

Isaac

Boolit Buddy
    Same here, high around 60 and storms this afternoon. Rain and snow mix in the morning.

Boolit Master

Been high 70’s-80 for last week, front came through with thunder and tornado warning. Today its 50’s and maybe 70 this afternoon, suppose to be back in 80’s end of next week just hope its stays. Pollen has been big problem.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Amarillo has some of the worst weather in all of Texas.
    Probably not confined to being the worst weather just in Texas. The wind is horrible and not a tree in sight to slow it down. Blistering hot summers, massive snow drifts in the winter, rain is infrequent but falls in deluges and located in tornado alley. I lived fairly close in New Mexico. Happy to be back in coastal Texas where we usually only have heat, rain and the occasional hurricane.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Banned

yup been a crazy winter. You guys in texas getting hit with snow and us up here with probably the mildest winter in my life. I dont think we got half the snow we usually got. Not even a big snow storm and we usually get a half a dozen of them. Temps were above normal most of the winter too.

Banned

Welcome to Texas!

Sure you don't live in New Hampshire?
    There are 5 seasons here - including MUD season.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    About a month ago it got down to three degrees below zero right here in the Arkansas. I am close to 70 and never saw it get that cold before.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

There are times we have weather like that in May.
    in December, January, February, and march we would welcome nice days like that.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Banned
    I keep waiting for the media to loudly proclaim in an excited voice that the sudden change from darkness to light that occurs each morning is the result of climate change.

Every storm is the WORST ever. Every weather event is: historic, unprecedented, never before seen, the biggest in years, disastrous or some other over hyped descriptor.
    There's always ominous music in the background with a video montage playing over the shoulder of the announcer.

Every news story about the weather is like a bad trailer for a grade B horror flick.

That’s any Monday through Sunday any time of the years in WY and MT. 10” snow “flurries” 4th of July . 50-80 degree temperature drops in minutes.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    I keep waiting for the media to loudly proclaim in an excited voice that the sudden change from darkness to light that occurs each morning is the result of climate change.

Every storm is the WORST ever. Every weather event is: historic, unprecedented, never before seen, the biggest in years, disastrous or some other over hyped descriptor.
    There's always ominous music in the background with a video montage playing over the shoulder of the announcer.

Every news story about the weather is like a bad trailer for a grade B horror flick.
    From the movie "the shipping news"

The reporter rushes into the editor/publishers office. the reporter exclaims " We have nothing for a headline, what do we do?"
    the publisher/ editor says "Look out the window, what do you see?"
    Reporter replies "I see nothing, there is a cloud in the sky"
    The editor / publisher says "That is your headline - STORM THREATENS TOWN"
    The reporter says "What happens if there is no storm?"
    The editor publisher replies, "Then we have a headline for tomorrow "DISASTER AVOIDED..."

And that is how the news media works
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast