Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: Swedish Ammo

Banned

Swedish Ammo

I picked these up at the last gunshow of 2020, as COVID lockdown began the next week. 6.5x55 I had planned on maybe shooting them, someday. I re-found them last week and looking closer realized what I had. Something unusual, reloaded military ammo. They are of mixed head stamp and probably from the later 1960's to early 1970's.

I decided that they need to stay together for the collection as I can make better ammo for my favorite Swede.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9637.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	279722

Interesting, I learned something here, I processed this picture on my backup computer with the screen resolution not set for optimum display, the picture shows the same distortion as the screen.

Name:	IMG_9635.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	279723

Name:	IMG_9628.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	279724

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Probably a good decision to keep them as collectibles. If you shot them and wanted to reload them, you’d have to go down the Berdan primer rabbit hole.

Boolit Master

Very good ammo!! But its berdan primed. Its was used up her alot for sealing and moose hunting. I haven't seen it for sale for twenty plus years.
    Be well
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

The bullets look very much like Norma bullets. Some corrosion appears to be forming around the inside of the necks. Interesting ammo. Hunting with FMJ military ammo has been illegal in most states for many years, so some of the importers of surplus rifles reloaded some of the military ammo to make them legal for hunting. I think I've got some SP 7.35mm Carcano and 7.5 Swiss lost in the pile somewhere.

DG

Boolit Master

Most of mine came from Norma boxes and are purpose-built soft point ammo. I forget the other brand. Some have a small NP stamp on the primer and are filled with flake powder. Most are headstamped Norma.
    Be well
    Last edited by leebuilder; 03-18-2021 at 08:07 PM.
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Swedish Ammo

Something Interarms had made to help sell rifles (so hunting ammo would be available in the 6.5x55 Swedish Mausers they were importing). Berdan primers. Something to add to the collection but not real collectable.

Great Ammo.

It's very rare on sale but if you find it you better get it. I've recently started to read about the Northern European weapon industry and noticed that they made a lot of cool guns, especially rifles. However, I've never seen Swedish ammo in our shops, even on online platforms. Europeans are lucky because they have the opportunity to order them from Sweden, I'm sure. Anyway, I don't think that I will ever find the Swedish rifle to get, so I read here about the top 10 rifles for the beginner, and gonna choose between the options here. I hope I gonna find ammo for the one I choose in our shops.
    Last edited by GunStun; 12-14-2021 at 07:35 AM.