MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got the shot

Boolit Master

Got the shot

My wife and got our shot at 11:00 AM today. It is now 1:56PM and still don't feel anything, wife either. Only one shot is required with this vaccine.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Banned

I guess you got the Johnson & Johnson? Both my wife and I got both of the Moderna shots with no ill effects!

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    Both my wife and I got both of the Moderna shots with no ill effects!
    Same with us getting the heavier dose, first one a couple weeks ago.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Bub

Wife is a caregiver, was prioritized and got both shots right away. I on the other hand became eligible March 1 but don't have a place in line at this time.
    Reduce the issue, ignore the drama

Boolit Grand Master

No issues with my Pfizer vaccines. Mom got the first Moderna yesterday.

Boolit Master
    Got shot today. J&J Injection site hurt after 4 minutes but went away quickly. I'll see how it goes. My neighbor got his a week ago and says his tail is still dragging.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I just got a message yesterday. I hope I can get my first shot today. I think it’s going to be the Pfizer one.

Boolit Master
    Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Deltoid muscle at the injection site is slightly sore this morning, but no other effects.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Just got my first shot. It was the Moderna vaccine. I go back for the second in two weeks. I’ll be glad to get all of this behind me.

I am choosing to NOT get jabbed. I know the risks are small for an adverse reaction but i am not willing to take that chance.
    I'll mask, wash my hands a lot and keep my hands out of my mouth and away from my face.
    My interaction with the general public is low anyway.
    With a survival rate of 99.3% I'll take my chances, thanks.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    I got my first shot 10 days ago(Pfizer). Sore arm for a day and a little tired the next day. back to normal on the second day. Get the second shot in 10 days. I'll be glad when this is done.

Had the virus beginning of the year and will get my first Moderna shot tomorrow (OH now reduced eligibility age to 40).
    With the unknown impact of Covid, it is a gamble with your life not to get the shot, no matter how physically fit or old you are. Even if it does not kill you, it was for sure the worst health related experience in my life...

Btw. if you cannot find an appointment online or through the scheduling phone system, reach out to your Doc's office - they got me and my wife an appointment within 2 hours.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master
    My Dr told me to hold off - I have a shellfish and wasp allergy. He said if possible get the J&J one shot - it has less "stuff" in it.

Boolit Master

My wife and I got the Moderna vaccine. Sore arms for a couple of days after the first. After the second, I was loggy the next day, slight fever that night. All gone the next morning.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    My State has a current threshold at age 65, I have 4 months to wait unless the criteria changes, which it likely will before then.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Both my wife and I have had our first shot of Pfizer - neither of us had any issues. I go get the second shot tomorrow and she gets her's on Saturday.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    Had the virus beginning of the year and will get my first Moderna shot tomorrow (OH now reduced eligibility age to 40).
    With the unknown impact of Covid, it is a gamble with your life not to get the shot, no matter how physically fit or old you are. Even if it does not kill you, it was for sure the worst health related experience in my life...

Btw. if you cannot find an appointment online or through the scheduling phone system, reach out to your Doc's office - they got me and my wife an appointment within 2 hours.
    If you've already had the virus, why would you want the shot? I honestly don't understand. Your body already made a vaccine, so why stuff some unknown chemical concoction into it.

There are more and more places pulling the shots over allergy concerns. There are stories of "vaccinated" people being infected with the virus. There are stories of people dying after taking the shot. All of this over a virus that has basically the same death rate as the common flu. I believe statistically you have a higher risk of dying on the drive to get the shot, than from dying of the virus.

I'm gonna sit out this shot like I sit out the yearly flu shot. I was forced to the flu shot in the Army and I always got sick as a dog a few days after that and it lasted for a week or so. After I got out I never had another flu shot and I get the flu maybe once every 3 or 4 years.

I hope all of you that get the shot it all works out well for you.

Boolit Master
    Wife and I got the second shot Moderna no reaction on eather.
    Frank G.

Wife and I got the second shot of Moderna last week. On first shot, no side effects. On second shot, wife was tired next day and that went away in 24 hours. I had no side effects.

Boolit Master
    I got my second Moderna yesterday morning. 11pm last night I had the shakes and chills. I woke up every hour during the night after 15-20 minutes sleep. All my joints were painful and stiff. Wore out today. 1st shot was a breeze.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast