WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got the shot

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    I don't believe that vaccines cause autism.... however, I suspect the way they are administered could have a causative effect. The standard operational process overloads a kid's not yet developed immune system as they give an entire raft of vaccines at once. Further, there is no differentiation in dosage for children and adults.
    Every vaccine administered by doctors has specific timing criteria between it and a follow up dose (legally), as well as a time required between different vaccines (also legally). Some can be administered in close proximity, some cannot. This is based on the clinical trials that demonstrated their efficacy and the impact on their effectiveness. They don't do them all at once.

Here's a link to a lot of the more common vaccines out there. You can also find the clinical trial data with a few more clicks: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/acip-recs/index.html
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    Well, I get your point and only take the shot to increase the likelihood of not getting it again. The people that I know who had Covid in early 2020 had antibodies for about a year, but none of them has (enough of) antibodies to not get infected again, so they can technically get it again any time.
    It seems to be a common misconception that your antibody titers will remain high from having had Covid or anything else for that matter. Antibody titers drop off over time, but your body has the blueprint for making the antibodies on file to ramp up production. This is the exact principal inoculations and vaccines work from, introduce an antigen, the body produces an antibody corresponding to it, or with mRNA force your body to make its own antigen.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I got my second shot last Thursday - Pfizer - no real side effects other than felt a little tired (more than usual) on Saturday but nothing to write home about. My wife got her second shot this past Saturday . . . she had a short tie Saturday night where the felt a little chilled and a slight headache - on Sunday she felt more tired than usual but this morning is feeling good.

We hear how "one type is better than the others" but I really don't put much stocking that. I think it all depends on each individual. I talked with my kidney doctor a week ago and she said that she had some chills, headache, etc. after her first Pfizer shot but she didn't care as she would put up with it an keep her mouth shut if anyone asked when she went to get her second shot - as she said . . . "I'll take the minor inconvenience of those side effects over the effects of full blown Covid". She is not that much younger than I am, like all of us "older ones" she has some health issues and i agree with yer 100%.

Every person has to decide for themselves whether they want the vaccine or not - and I respect that.

For my wife and I. . . we both appreciate the opportunity to get them and those locally who worked to give the vaccine.

Boolit Master
    No way am I getting the jab for an illness that has a 99+% survival rate. Friends and co-workers are telling stories of people they know who are puking ill after the shot. I've no interest being a guinea pig for the product of companies that have been indemnified against any accountability for negative results. If it's so safe and wonderful, how come they're untouchable when it comes to accountability?

A friend's aging parents both got C-19 and were pretty sick. He got them a prescription for hydroxychloroquine, zinc and vitamins and they were fine later that day. What do we need an experimental vaccine for? We already have effective treatments for it. Seems to me we're being hitched up to pull Big Pharma's plow through raiding the treasury.

My wife and I are both 66 and did the moderna treatment. No ill effects yet, been a week. Our second shot will come in three weeks. Seems they stretched the time out?
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master

Each person is different, each person has an immune system that is different. There are all different explanations. How we react is, basically,
    who we are. I got the first Moderna on Thursday. Sore arm for 24 hours, then feels fine. Ain't scared of it, at all. We'll see..
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    My wife and I got the Moderna vaccine. Sore arms for a couple of days after the first. After the second, I was loggy the next day, slight fever that night. All gone the next morning.
    Got the first of these . I tell people I got the "Madea" shot !

Second Pfizer shot this coming Saturday. I respect anyone that wants to not get the shot, but I hope no one will try to talk others out of or into getting it. As someone that spent my professional life in the science field, I appreciate how much better our lives are because of scientific advances.

Boolit Master
    Many, many folks have now been vaccinated. Just in the last few days, there is now a very alarming uptick in the number of positive covid tests. Coincidence? You be the judge, but my wife and I will NOT be getting the shot.

Boolit Master

The wife and I have got both shots in. Only sides i had for 2 days was tiredness and some break outs in a sweat. After the 1st shot my sugars were up for 2 1/2 weeks. Second shot only 2 days.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy
    I have had two lung diseases so my Doc said to wait until there was data on these vaccines. Yesterday our town put out they had 275 J&J doses and my wife (65) and I (67) went in and got it around 11:30am. I worked my butt off all day around the house and could feel things coming on around 7:00pm or so. The nurse who stuck me said to expect a reaction and getting one is a good sign of a stronger immune system. I went to bed around 11:00 and could feel the tiredness and body aches coming on. About 12:30 I woke up hot and very achy. Slept in today and still not moving very quickly today. Arm feels great, no soreness but I am really tired. However, I react to everything, had the same reaction to the shingles vaccine as well. Wife has had zero reaction, no sore arm, nothing.
    Last edited by Huskerguy; 03-30-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tai95 View Post
    If you've already had the virus, why would you want the shot? I honestly don't understand. Your body already made a vaccine, so why stuff some unknown chemical concoction into it.

There are more and more places pulling the shots over allergy concerns. There are stories of "vaccinated" people being infected with the virus. There are stories of people dying after taking the shot. All of this over a virus that has basically the same death rate as the common flu. I believe statistically you have a higher risk of dying on the drive to get the shot, than from dying of the virus.

I'm gonna sit out this shot like I sit out the yearly flu shot. I was forced to the flu shot in the Army and I always got sick as a dog a few days after that and it lasted for a week or so. After I got out I never had another flu shot and I get the flu maybe once every 3 or 4 years.

I hope all of you that get the shot it all works out well for you.
    I'm the same (except the army part). I have only had the Flu twice in my life. Once about 7 years ago and once when I was a kid after getting the ONLY flu shot I ever got. I remember when I was a manager at walgreens, I was the only manager that didn't get a flu shot and I was the only one that didn't get really sick that year.
    As with everything else with the WuFlu, there is so much propaganda and outright lies thrown out as fact that I am suspicious about anything else the folks spreading the info are pushing. Besides I also question the effectiveness of a shot that only has a 90% chance of preventing "serious" cases of a virus that there's a 98% chance that there won't be a serious case WITHOUT a shot
    Last edited by lksmith; 03-30-2021 at 12:10 PM.

“there is so much propaganda and outright lies thrown out as fact that I am suspiscious about anythign else the folks spreadign the info are pushing. Besides I also question the effectiveness of a shot that only has a 90% chance of preventing "serious" cases of a virus that there's a 98% chance that there won't be a serious case WITHOUT a shot. “

I feel that way, too, but my wife thought it would be a good idea, so.....

I got my second Moderna shot Friday. Saturday, I was tired, lethargic, and dizzy all day, but by Sunday all that had passed.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123