Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: How To Embed Link Into Text In Signature?

Vendor Sponsor

How To Embed Link Into Text In Signature?

I have a link in my sig that will open the "send private message" dialog, instead of having the link visible, how can I embed the link into text where a user simply clicks the text and it opens the "send private message" dialog?
    Last edited by DougGuy; 03-16-2021 at 11:18 AM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

1. Try this: Click here to send me a PM

It's hard to show the code for that without the forum software "running" it as designed and making the link work instead of showing the code, so I'll try to shot it below using curly brackets instead:

{url=https://castboolits.gunloads.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=29606}Click here to send me a PM{/url}

Where the brackets above are curly, replace them with square brackets ie. [ and ]

2. Similarly, you can do your Facebook link like this:

{url=https://www.facebook.com/Cylinderhone-756429174391912/}Also on Facebook:{/url}

Comes out as:

Also on Facebook
    Last edited by AndyC; 09-13-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    1. Try this: Click here to send me a PM

It's hard to show the code for that without the forum software "running" it as designed and making the link work instead of showing the code, so I'll try to shot it below using curly brackets instead:

{url=https://castboolits.gunloads.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=29606}Click here to send me a PM{/url}

Where the brackets above are curly, replace them with square brackets ie. [ and ]

2. Similarly, you can do your Facebook link like this:

{url=https://www.facebook.com/Cylinderhone-756429174391912/}Also on Facebook:{/url}

Comes out as:

Also on Facebook
    I thought I figured it out back when I made the post but your method cleans it up much better. Thanks!
    Last edited by DougGuy; 09-13-2021 at 07:05 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

You helped me out with throating a CZ barrel so I'm glad to help a bit in return, Doug
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club