MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Dad's in surgery this morning

Banned

Dad's in surgery this morning

My Dad, who is in assisted living a couple of hours away, is having surgery to amputate at least one toe. He's had this recurring infection problem in his feet for a couple of years now, seems he really can't feel it and fortunately my sister caught it during a visit with him soon enough that it wasn't life threatening to him which happenned once before.

I'm going down to sit with him today, sister will be there until then. He's 85 now and has always had a real strong constitution and healed up from things fast, no doubt he'll be back up and running if he wants to be, I just hope this isn't the event that causes him to kind of give up on things. It would really go against his nature, but I can see that happening.

Dad's not an internet guy but is one of the most avid casters, handloaders and shooters/collectors I've ever known, definitely one of us. For anyone so inclined, please add him to your list of prayers this morning.

Moderator Emeritus

Father, I come to You to pray for healing, comfort and removal of fears associated with the amputation of one of richhodg66's father. Please be with his medical team as they go about restoring his father back to his family and friends. Father, You are the Great Healer and I pray that You walk with and guide all the people that will do his surgery. AMEN

Keep us posted!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers are with you, Dad, and sister. Speedy recovery.

Boolit Grand Master
    Prayers for the family.
    Don Verna

Prayers for healing, strength and comfort. In Jesus name, amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

May God watch over your dad and give guidance to those operating and taking care of him.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Father, I come to You to pray for healing, comfort and removal of fears associated with the amputation of one of richhodg66's father. Please be with his medical team as they go about restoring his father back to his family and friends. Father, You are the Great Healer and I pray that You walk with and guide all the people that will do his surgery. AMEN

Thank you Paul ......Amen .

Keep us posted!
    Praying for your dad , it's obvious ya'll will take care of him . Prayers for all the family .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Banned

Dear Father in Heaven we come to you humble and contrite to ask your blessing on richhodg66's father. Father, you already know what his father has gone through but you tell us in your Word you desire to hear from us about our petitions. You also tell us where two or three are gathered in your name, there you are also. So we ask that you please lay your healing hand on this gentleman, and please give him a large dose of you peace and comfort. Please go before the doctors and guide them through the surgery. Please help his father to heal completely and to continue to have the constitution he is known to have. We love you Lord, and we trust your will in our lives, and we thank you for being willing to care for us. In the name and by the power of our Lord, your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Banned

Well, seems prayers answered, as I was on my way, my sister, who is a medical professional, called and said the surgeon took a closer look at the MRI data and decided not to cut, gonna do the IV drip antibiotics again and likely release him in a couple more days. This one makes several times this recurring infection has happenned, once didn't catch it as quick and he was really on death's door.

I'm happy he didn't have to go through that, but I wish they could get it figured out. We did learn several months ago he's diabetic, no telling how long that has been the case, can't help but think it has a lot to do with it. Playing it by ear now to see what happens.

That's good news! God's will be done.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

God will provide, prayers sent.

Moderator Emeritus

What wonderful news indeed!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Banned

We're hoping they'll release him today. He's been through an awful lot of change the past few years, none of it good it seems. I was concerned an amputation and the subsequent pain, healing time and further impedence to mobility might be a breaking point for him. Seems like there's a realization point for some people when they are in advanced age where life isn't going to ever get better, never gonna get to all those things I never got around to, etc., I was real afraid this might have been that triggering event.

Boolit Mold
    God is good!

Boolit Master

Praise the Lord for answered prayer!

Boolit Buddy
    I will continue, my prayers that he will be ok. I lost my father 2 years in Feb. and my mother this Feb. you and your family will continue to stay in my prayers
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Prayers answered ! Thank you for the good report . Continuing in prayer for healing .
    No turning back , No turning back !