RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger .44 Magnum Semi-auto Carbine question

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    In all honesty I don’t even shoot my Ruger carbine. I like my lighter and way more accurate 77/44. I haven’t pulled the trigger on either for a while.

Shooting PC'd Boolits won't clog the gas system! Lead never touches the bore.

The Lyman Devastator Mould 429640? or the Mihec Clone drops a 240 gr. "rounded nose" boolit which yields a OAL works well in the Ruger 77/44 and the SA carbine.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I’ve bought original Ruger 44 carbines like new that just had gas ports plugged and never were cleaned. I had bought a new one in 60s and shot 240 cast of several styles. One with gas check. I never had any trouble because I kept it clean. Mostly shot 240 JHPs/ 22.5gr 2400, not the cleanest load in the book. I’ve had a lot more experience with 44 carbines the last few years since they are legal deer gun in Ohio now. When season was announced I picked up a 1970s 94 Marlin. It outshot Ruger semi original and Deerfield, the 96 lever and # 3. The 77/44s put them all to shame, with cheap Win White Box 240JHP. With Leupold 2x7 scopes they would cut holes at 60yds. I have never killed a deer with 44 carbine but have shot several with 44 handgun with no problem. Ruger is perfect woods gun where most shots are under 100yds.
    I would say that the plugging of gas system was lube not lead. I’ve no experience with powder coat bullets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12