Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Burris 2X "Gil Hebard Guns" handgun scope

Boolit Buddy

Burris 2X "Gil Hebard Guns" handgun scope

I recently picked one of these up at a gun show and installed it on a 7-30 Waters Contender. I didn't notice the Gil Hebard stamp at first. Trying to find some information about them. Are these scopes rare or are people looking for them? From what I have read they were designed for Gils catalog sales and targeted towards bullseye shooting.

I am really liking it so far. I have never seen the crosshairs/ball reticle that it has. I am wondering if it can handle the recoil of either my Super Redhawk 44 or Contender 14" 375 JDJ. Anyone have any experience?

I still shoot irons at age 76. The only personal experence is with the Bushnell scope mount. 1977 vintage. The 2 mounting pins in the revolver sheared off on a 44 mag. S&W M29.

The Burris scope photos are from Gil Hebards catalog no. 44, 2000.

For more on the scope, i would ask at https://www.bullseyeforum.net/

Searched at Bullseye sivht. Found https://www.bullseyeforum.net/search...eywords=Burris

Login as member first

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 243winxb View Post
    I still shoot irons at age 76. The only personal experence is with the Bushnell scope mount. 1977 vintage. The 2 mounting pins in the revolver sheared off on a 44 mag. S&W M29.

The Burris scope photos are from Gil Hebards catalog no. 44, 2000.

For more on the scope, i would ask at https://www.bullseyeforum.net/
    That is actually where I learned what I know so far. Thank you for posting the article. Those scopes were pretty spendy for being a 1x and 2X over 20 years ago. I am pretty new to handgun scopes. Never felt the need for one until I got the two Contenders. I already broke one on the 375 JDJ from the recoil.

Found an old Gil Hebard 1995 dealers price sheet.

When i think back, had a low power scoped Contender in 223 14" No scopes on 222, 7TCU, 30-30. Used a Contender 22 LR as a free pistol, with a 9 oz trigger. Just changed the trigger return spring. Added home made grips.

The first S&W K22, M17, had a low power scope that made every thing smaller. Herter 1960s brand.

Boolit Buddy

None of the three barrels (7-30 Waters,7mm TCU and 375 JDJ) had rear sights when I bought them. I wouldn't mind a 223 barrel with adjustable sights