RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Story on the engraving on the colt pocket pistol cylinder?

Banned

Story on the engraving on the colt pocket pistol cylinder?

What does the engraving on the Uberti 1849 pocket model mean? What’s the story on the engravings on the cylinder?

Boolit Master
    What do they put on it? Ships, Indians, something else?

Banned
    It seems like they got a horse carriage, a few guys facing each other. One guy is shot down, another guy got shot, another running away, another guy going around the carriage, a guy coming out from the horse carriage brandishing and pointing his single shot pistol at the other guys, I think a lady with dress running out of the carriage. Not sure what this scene is trying to play out. But I do know the naval scene on the 1851 navy. I think that scene was about the american-mexican naval battle? And Sam Colt engraved that on the pistol to commemorate that battle. But what’s purpose of the engraving on the 1849 pocket? Any siginificant event that occured previously? Anyone knows?

Boolit Master
    That's the "stage holdup scene" where the good guy with the Colt fights off the robbers.

Banned
    Thank you. It is an interesting engraving. Now I know what it’s about.

Banned

They found some gold in 1849?????????????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    They found some gold in 1849?????????????
    Just looked up on what you said and there’s truth to what you said. That engraving might be celebrating the time the gold rush happened in Cali at that time. There really is more to what meets the eye.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Vaj View Post
    It seems like they got a horse carriage, a few guys facing each other. One guy is shot down, another guy got shot, another running away, another guy going around the carriage, a guy coming out from the horse carriage brandishing and pointing his single shot pistol at the other guys, I think a lady with dress running out of the carriage. Not sure what this scene is trying to play out. But I do know the naval scene on the 1851 navy. I think that scene was about the american-mexican naval battle? And Sam Colt engraved that on the pistol to commemorate that battle. But what’s purpose of the engraving on the 1849 pocket? Any siginificant event that occured previously? Anyone knows?
    The Naval battle scene represents the engagement between the Republic of Texas' Navy vs the Mexican Navy.