Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat Marlins Checkmaker

Pat Marlins Checkmaker

I just want to do a shout out to Pat. He has been swamped with orders. I just received notice my third die is on it's way North. His dies are excellent quality and IMHO are worth waiting for. Pat has always been straight up with all my dealings with him. Now if the USPS doesn't send my die to England or Malta I should have it here by the end of the month.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Bub
    I ordered a .30 and a .224 from him and mailed the check to him. To bad he doesn't due cards. How long is the wait time?

I ordered mine late December. It will arrive up here in Canada Tuesday next. Mine got caught up in the Christmas surge of orders. I suspect yours will be under 90 days. I know from his text he is really busy. That said the wait is worth it.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

Got three from Pat always takes care of me. Just got 300 blackout last week.

Boolit Buddy
    74 days since I ordered. Maybe soon, looking forward to making my own checks.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Friends call me Pac View Post
    74 days since I ordered. Maybe soon, looking forward to making my own checks.
    The last one took 90 days, unusually long for Pat, but we are in strange times.

Boolit Bub
    I got email saying I was paid in full.

Boolit Bub

I ordered, paid for a checkmaker from Pat on February 10. I think he said his backlog is 90 days or so. I'm anxious and only to the 50th day. Can't rush perfection
    Reduce the issue, ignore the drama

Boolit Master

Well worth the wait. I just finished three medicine bottles of his 35 PB checks today. Got two more runs to do before hot weather sets in./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Buddy
    98 days. Looking forward to it getting here.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Boolit Buddy
    I wish Pat made a one pass maker. those little discs are too fiddly for me to make many of them, but they do make fine checks

Boolit Buddy

I placed an order for a 30 cal on 11/4/20...........still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by lksmith View Post
    I wish Pat made a one pass maker. those little discs are too fiddly for me to make many of them, but they do make fine checks
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Ia.redneck View Post
    I placed an order for a 30 cal on 11/4/20...........still waiting...
    Last I heard from Pat was he was running about 90 days with the hope his turn around time would improve once he was over the holiday orders. You could contact him via his website and ask him.

Take Care

Bpb

Boolit Buddy

I emailed him on 2/16/21 and he replied he was way behind and working as fast as possible.

Figured I would toss in my little tidbit of info.
    Received an email from Pat on March 29 2021. He stated that he was just finishing
    Up on 2020 orders, some of his vendors are still down or at reduced capacity.

Boolit Buddy
    Then it appears he over 4 months behind. Last time I ordered from him it was a couple of years ago and it was the same story, just a different reason. Damn find product, but lots of waiting to get it. A fellow posted in March that he sent his order on Feb 10th and Pat said he was 90 days behind. Based on larryw's info, that can't be true.

When I ordered the ones I got a couple of years ago and was waiting, and waiting, and waiting, I struck me that this might be like a taxidermist we had in my area. He would take the deposits on mounts and live on the deposits, then have to squeak by until more money would come in so he could finish the ones he took the deposits on earlier so he had money to buy supplies or tan the hides. He also does excellent work, but you'd have to wait well over a year for a deer head to come back.

Seems odd to me that Charlie could keep hammering them out and still find time to call people to ask how they were working. It's still all just machining. If he could do it, what's the problem? Just saying. I will not be ordering more.

Boolit Buddy
    116 days so far and still waiting. Not a happy camper.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Boolit Bub

I ordered a checkmaker on 3 Feb. Asked for status 3 weeks out. (got it couple days later).

Hi Rick (thats me),
    Good to hear from you!
    I'm a one man shop, and working as fast as possible to fill orders.
    Due to the overwhelming demand, I cannot forecast shipping dates with what is going on, but working as fast as possible to fill orders daily.
    ***Due to supplier backlogs with Covid-19, everything is just taking longer. Tooling and material supply companies, repair parts, and stock issues- Just frustrating.
    Your order is here on my bench, and will be shipping as soon as possible.
    All die calibers are NOT in stock and are made pre-paid to order and ship first come first serve.
    I prepay shipping to expedite the process. I guarantee you will love your dies, and will be worth the wait.
    Checkmaker™ dies are labor intensive (with +/- .0005" tolerances), and I won't compromise quality and accuracy by rushing the process.
    Info on operation and metals can be found here:
    http://www.patmarlins.com/frequent-questions/
    http://www.patmarlins.com/the-learning-pages/
    All orders receive a USPS email tracking notification.
    You will receive a tracking email when your order scans and is on it's way (I did).
    Thanks for your business- Stay safe, keep your powder dry an go have some fun!
    Pat

It came about 14 April, 56 days sticks in my mind, better than 90 days promised, and it is beautiful. Handmade by one guy in a garage. World demand!
    Not a factory production line, each custom made by Pat's hand.

He's also having trouble getting raw material to make parts.

As I write this, just got finished reading that the southern and east coast fuels distribution pipeline was cyber hack attacked.
    Trucks planes, cars can't get fuels. and everybody wears masks, gets covid sick, etc. Everybody take an extra chill-pill.

Still waiting for cheep primers...
    Last edited by rick benjamin; 05-08-2021 at 01:27 PM. Reason: add a vowel
    Reduce the issue, ignore the drama

Well put Rick, you have my issue in hand. Complete it when you can. All the best

Bob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast