MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: 35 Remington dies

Boolit Bub

35 Remington dies

Has anyone seen any of the Hornady custom series 3 dies for .35 Remington for sale? The model #546398. I’ve been looking for these for some time now and been unable to find any company online that has them in stock. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated if you could send me towards a set if you have seen any lately. I have been on the “regular” company’s recall list if they get any back in stock, but for months now I’ve had no luck. A PM is fine if doing so via this thread violates any rules. Thank you.
    Blackhorse Scout

Banned

Are you set on that particular set of dies? All the manufacturers make them in .35 Remington, if you're looking to get into loading the .35, you may want to expand your search a bit, I'm sure you can find a set.

Boolit Master
    Answers to unasked .35 Rem die questions:

I have no personal experience with that set of Hornady .35 Rem dies but I do with several others so I know that anyone's common FL dies and seaters work fine.

The .35 Rem (and .30-30 Win) are modest pressure deer rounds so there's rarely any need to FL size them. I get great case life and much happiness using Lee's Collet Neck Sizers and their "FCD" Crimpers for those rounds.

Across the board, my favorite expander is Lyman's excellent "M" expander/flair die. It works great for both cast and jacketed bullets.

The .35 Rem (and .30-30 Win) when loaded hot are still modest pressure deer rounds so there is little or no reason to FL size them very often. I get perfect chambering, long case life and much happiness using Lee's Collet Neck Sizers for both of those classic cartridges.

BUT, ignore Lee's Universal Expander Die because it's not an "expander" as we normally expect an expander to be; it's only a universal mouth flaring/belling die while Lyman's excellent "M" die is both a proper neck "expander" AND a mouth flaring tool.

Boolit Master
    I got lucky and found a new set of RCBS FL and seater die pair late last year. When I grow rich and famous I plan on adding a Lee Collet die in 35 Rem as well.

I have the Lyman “M” die labeled as the “35 Short”. It does a nice job as all my “M” dies do.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”