Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22 ammo fair price

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Likely not a good idea. Most people on this site are too smart and others are too cheap to pay top dollar to most things. Gunbroker may be hated by some, but it is going to get a better return and a wider audience.
    If it weren't a hundred mile round trip to the nearest UPS hub where I can ship ammo, I'd take that challenge.

About 2 months ago I drove 4 hours round trip to buy a case of Winchester 333. $.10 a round plus about $40 in gas.
    And about the same time I bought 1000 rounds of CCI 22 short quiets for $100. I don’t think the guy was up on current prices. I use them in my Marlin 39 to shoot starlings out the kitchen window. They’re accurate enough for 35yards. Starlings are nasty birds in my opinion, one of the worst enemies to woodpeckers and a lot of other birds. Plus they show up by the 100’s and take over the feeders.
    Last edited by HeavyLoad; 03-14-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for all the replies. I gave to one guy and the 325 are sold. The others we decided on 5.00 bucks a box that's 10 cents a round. I mentioned selling them on gun broker and they seemed to like the idea of selling them. I hope they make some cash. I am selling the .22 super colibri because they do not group in my rifle, 25 yards with a scoped bolt action rifle (marlin). I would not take a chance at that range with them. They would not group.

Boy this thread has taken a lot of different twists and turns.

Odd but I never have bothered turning anything in for a "tax credit" or tax write off. Furthest thing from my mind. The misses does 500 hours + a year helping a local soup kitchen. Myself I own my own business and do 50 hours+ (1 week) of work for veterans every year (since 2005) including materials if need be. In my family it's more important to get out there and help people in our community then worry about tax breaks.

Next month I'll be setting up at a local gunshow and will be selling bricks (500 round) of 22lr ammo for $50 a brick.

Banned
    There are people that donate time and money to charities and they fall into two groups:

Those that tell everyone how great they are for donating time & money
    AND
    Those that donate and never say a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    There are people that donate time and money to charities and they fall into two groups:

Those that tell everyone how great they are for donating time & money
    AND
    Those that donate and never say a word.
    It's the difference between doing something good for the sake of doing something good or doing something good for the sake of being seen doing something good.

Boolit Buddy

Wow.......that got deep. Plenty of opinion on this one. OP asked a simple value question. Then......dogpile. C'mon, I think if assumptions aren't made everyone would agree on the ultimate outcome. There is a reason some have posts in the 4-5 digit range. I'm sure I'll offend someone by saying this. My sincere apologies. We're all in this forum for sharing of a common endeavor. Why beat each other up? It's a rhetorical question. Not responding from here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12