MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 ammo fair price

Boolit Buddy

22 ammo fair price

I have some .22 super colibri boxes of 50 and some federal automatch box of 325. I am going to donate them to a non profit that is going to have a garage sale. what do you all think would be a fair price. thanks rrh

Boolit Grand Master

14 cents per for bulk high velocity is a price that people are paying. Colibri was always more expensive.

This is not an endorsement of those prices, nor is it a price I’m willing to pay. I’m just saying what is.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    I can't image someone is paying that at a garage sale. Maybe on a table at a gunshow. Price them to sell, they won't help if they don't sell.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Buddy

22 ammo fair price

Off hand I would say for a garage sale maybe $5/50 and $30 for the 325. More than it was a year ago but not as sky high as gunbroker.
    Last edited by NWPilgrim; 03-12-2021 at 01:21 AM.

Boolit Master

Each year the Federated Church holds a sale just prior to Christmas. Local artisans, hobbyists and general well wishers are encouraged to donate their wares for the general good. Hobbyists, and artisans especially, aren't at all shy about telling the church what the sale price should be, BUT....in end the people that sell the items charge whatever they please.

You should indicate what the current market value for your items are. But you'll prolly be a lot happier if you don't ask what they sold for.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    the ammo seek web site will give you current retail prices

Banned
    If you're going to donate them to a non-profit so that they can sell them to make money, what you're really asking is, "how much value can I declare as a tax deduction"?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    If you're going to donate them to a non-profit so that they can sell them to make money, what you're really asking is, "how much value can I declare as a tax deduction"?

I disagree. I donate to a handful of charities each year. My (and many others) concerns that the charity does good within my definition with the items, money, or money generated form items. A potential tax deduction is ancillary to that goal. Having just completed our taxes this year; I not the current Federal Regulations on Taxes is such that 90% or more of the population will NEVER be able to claim a donation benefit based on the actual donation/s - rather they will be able to take the "Standardized" deduction for donations the Government has created. Once again; the VALUE of the donation is advancing the cause of the charity the average US of A citizen choses to support; and establishing a fair value to garner the MOST for that Charity is the objective.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    I disagree. I donate to a handful of charities each year. My (and many others) concerns that the charity does good within my definition with the items, money, or money generated form items. A potential tax deduction is ancillary to that goal. Having just completed our taxes this year; I not the current Federal Regulations on Taxes is such that 90% or more of the population will NEVER be able to claim a donation benefit based on the actual donation/s - rather they will be able to take the "Standardized" deduction for donations the Government has created. Once again; the VALUE of the donation is advancing the cause of the charity the average US of A citizen choses to support; and establishing a fair value to garner the MOST for that Charity is the objective.
    Glad to hear it.
    What YOU do and what YOUR motivation is, has no bearing on anyone else.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    Glad to hear it.
    What YOU do and what YOUR motivation is, has no bearing on anyone else.
    Me thinks I have hit a raw nerve. I simply pointed out that Not All People are looking for a Tax Deduction - Perhaps your comment may have also hit a raw nerve with others?
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Me thinks I have hit a raw nerve. I simply pointed out that Not All People are looking for a Tax Deduction - Perhaps your comment may have also hit a raw nerve with others?
    I’m with you. My donations have everything to do with the charity and nothing to do with my taxes.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by monadnock#5 View Post
    -snip-

You should indicate what the current market value for your items are. But you'll prolly be a lot happier if you don't ask what they sold for.
    True words.

Banned
    If you truly want to give some item to some charity, for some altruistic reason, you will simply give the item to the charity and walk away.

They can sell it for whatever they want and there's no need to ask what it's worth before you drop it off.

Boolit Grand Master
    List on Gunbroker, give the money to the charity.

The charity will not get the value...just wasting resources IMO.
    Don Verna

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    List on Gunbroker, give the money to the charity.

The charity will not get the value...just wasting resources IMO.
    /\ My thoughts exactly !! /\

Let's say you purchased a brick of 22 rimfire cartridges sometime ago for $10

You now want to donate that item to a charity (like maybe a SPCA rummage sale)

You could:
    A. give the SPCA the brick of .22's and tell your friends you donated $10 worth of merchandise. (which is the amount you are really out)
    B. give the SPCA the brick of .22's and tell your friends you donated $150 worth of merchandise. (which represents the current value but places the burden of selling the item on the charity)
    C. SELL the brick of .22's yourself for $150 and give the ENTIRE $150 to the SPCA and tell no one that you donated money. (which removes the burden of selling the item from the charity).

Moderator Emeritus

I took it that the OP was donating the ammo to the non profit and was just asking what pride THEY should put on them. Guess I chose not to read to much into it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I took it that the OP was donating the ammo to the non profit and was just asking what pride THEY should put on them. Guess I chose not to read to much into it.
    Me too .
    I would want them to get as much for them as they could. If I didn't care about the charity I wouldn't give them anything.

Banned
    Then sell the item yourself for the maximum possible amount and donate the proceeds.

I'd look for some way to auction them off for charity. People will surprise you. Heck, auction them off in the classified section here.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlHunt View Post
    I'd look for some way to auction them off for charity. People will surprise you. Heck, auction them off in the classified section here.
    Likely not a good idea. Most people on this site are too smart and others are too cheap to pay top dollar to most things. Gunbroker may be hated by some, but it is going to get a better return and a wider audience.
    Don Verna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast