Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Hurry and Wait , but the pots are all clean.

Boolit Mold

Hurry and Wait , but the pots are all clean.

Got the Lee 4-20 all cleaned up , just waiting on the upgrade metering rod and handle , the piggy-back 10 lb Lee cleaned and ready . Got my big old casting pot cleaned and it's ready top go, all full of lead . Noe to go do some other stuff . hehe

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Haveman View Post
    Got the Lee 4-20 all cleaned up , just waiting on the upgrade metering rod and handle , the piggy-back 10 lb Lee cleaned and ready . Got my big old casting pot cleaned and it's ready top go, all full of lead . Noe to go do some other stuff . hehe
    Pray tell, what is this “upgrade metering rod and handle” of which you speak? That sounds very interesting to me.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

The early pots had a groove around the rod. A large headed screw screwed into the handle bracket that engaged the groove to adjust the flow.
    The new pots the screw was eliminated and the top portion of the rod is threaded so it screws into the handle bracket. now turning the rod adjusts the flow.
    On the early pots you copuld turn the rod to help clear crud in the valve to slow drips with out chsngie the adjustment. Now you can still turtn the rod for clearing crud, but you have to pay attention on how much you turn it so you can set it back to where it was.
    No real problem. Just a bit different technique to learn.
    My old style got so it dripped a bit much and extra weight and lapping didn't help much so when I went to order new parts I found the design change. I ordered the new rod, handle bracket and spout. No drips now.
    Leo