MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision

Thread: 1903 A3 "C" stock

Boolit Grand Master

1903 A3 "C" stock

What's a near pristine version of these going for now-a-days?

Boolit Master
    If you're selling or buying for authenticity's sake make sure it hasn't been sanded or refinished. If it's a genuine military stock it will have inspection and proof firing marks on it. A good place to look at going prices might be the CMP buy/sell forums

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Original "C" stock not sanded or refinished with clear cartouches, no dents, cracks or scratches, ANIB without metal hardware $250.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    I guess I wasn't clear. It's the whole rifle. Stock not original to the action/barrel. What the gun worth ~ more or less. Today's pricing situation has me befuddled.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Alot depends upon the vintage of the action and barrel. I have a Remington 03A1 with "C" stock and 1940 barrel date which is all original and has documentation to authenticate it being as-original and not a parts gun. I was delighted to get it for $2000. A DCM otherwise plain vanilla Remington 03A3 with government bill of sale which was refitted in the 1960s with a "C" stock which was not refinished and has with clear cartouches is worth maybe half that.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    What’s a “C” stock? What makes them different? How common were they?

They have a more modern style pistol grip al la the Garand versus the older style straight stock you see on Mosin's and M96's.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Alot depends upon the vintage of the action and barrel. I have a Remington 03A1 with "C" stock and 1940 barrel date which is all original and has documentation to authenticate it being as-original and not a parts gun. I was delighted to get it for $2000. A DCM otherwise plain vanilla Remington 03A3 with government bill of sale which was refitted in the 1960s with a "C" stock which was not refinished and has with clear cartouches is worth maybe half that.
    THOSE WERE THE DAYS:
    I bought an O3-A3 with "C" stock and bayonet (through the NRA) for $25.00 in 1960!
    Gun control is not about guns.

Mine is a '43 Remington and near original as far as I can tell. It would take some SERIOUS cash-wagging to get it away from me. I likes it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210226_192623-3456x1638.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks. Helps me decide.

Banned
    I would like to have an '03, but here in the south end of Minnesota everyone I have seen, regardless of condition is $999.00 and UP.

Ken

Boolit Master

A local collector is liquidating his collection. He is getting $1200 for good looking 03A3s. He has one with a C stock that he wants $1,300 for, but will not guarantee that the C stock is original to that specific rifle. Does anyone know how many 03A3 left a factory with a C stock. The collectors I know say few to none.

Boolit Master
    Have an A3 from the CMP that I replaced the straight stock with a CMP C stock. Collectible - no, but makes it much more "shootable". It is unlikely the C stock is original but could be a GI replacement added during rebuild, or added by a previous owner. Seems the price on a decent shooter is running $800 and up.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    A local collector is liquidating his collection. He is getting $1200 for good looking 03A3s. He has one with a C stock that he wants $1,300 for, but will not guarantee that the C stock is original to that specific rifle. Does anyone know how many 03A3 left a factory with a C stock. The collectors I know say few to none.
    I'd say the collector's you know are probably correct. While I'm neither a collector or an expert, I spent some serious time and energy learning about those things some years back. To muddy the waters, the Scant C thrown in can give you a headache.

I've been away from the 03's for about 10 years and had not realized they increased so much. Still have a couple nice one's hidden around somewhere....

Boolit Master

I have an original Smith-Corona with a gorgeous C stock.....just to make you guys jealous!

Boolit Bub
    I have 3 drill purpose 1903a3 rifles I bought from Dupage Trading Co 4 years ago. i was fortunate to buy NOS barrels and bolts before the gun buying craze hit. I plan on reactivating them into cast boolit rifles. The price for clean USGI correct 1903's is beyond my pay grade.