Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traded into a .44 Mag Rossi Carbine yesterday.

It's VERY common for Rossi's to have the leaf spring for the cartridge stop installed incorrectly. It's like there was a period where they had an assembly worker that either didn't know how to do it right, or didn't care.

Watch my three videos I linked above on YouTube, it's a pretty simple fix.

You should also replace the ejector spring with one of these. The stock spring is far too stiff and will eventually cause the ejector to stress crack and break. Details are on the label, I got mine on eBay, under $10 shipped for a pkg of six. A GREAT upgrade! And the cases don't fly 15 feet anymore either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190202_074231-747x996-373x497.jpg  

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Have you tried working the lever fast when closing the action some feed better with a little snap
    Yes, I've read it needs to be a quick action. Seems like some round shapes tend to sort of wedge in as they load into the chamber, like the cartridge needs to be at less of an angle as it feeds into the chamber.

Boolit Buddy
    I haven't bought a gun in years but just today was thinking about trading an S&W 17-6 that I never shoot for an SS 20" Rossi 92 in 44 Mag. I handled one some years ago in a LGS and thought it a little stiff in the action.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12