MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee 4 hole turrets

Boolit Buddy

Lee 4 hole turrets

I have had several 4 hole turrets for a long time that I am not using. I thought maybe I should sell them. I looked on the Lee site for a price and they are out of stock. I looked on EBAY and they are selling from 40 to 90 dollars a piece. I darn near choked on my peanut butter sandwich. Is there a need for them? If so I'll put them in the S&S and make someone the deal of a lifetime. What do you think?

Boolit Master

I think if you have no need of them and you put them on swapping and selling and someone who needs them not someone who wants to flip them buys them it is a good thing , I have a Lee classic cast all I use it for is 45colt , but I have a few extra 4 hole turrets myself and measures , it just did not work on 9mm for me and the extra measures and risers and adjustable charge bars are just taking up space , like you I think about selling but I also want to have stuff in reserve for a rainy day .

And I hate the thought of selling them at a reasonable price to someone who is only out to buy low sell high and take advantage of the current situation , I would rather throw stuff away then see someone do that or have someone buy something for little and take advantage of someone who knows not the true worth .

Boolit Grand Master

Save them for your grand children... teach them how to reload . In a few years those 4 holers might be worth hundreds of dollars .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Trade them for something you can use. Or sell them cheap and hope they go to a good home.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Gentlemen,
    I bought a Lee Classic Turret press from Midway this past week and am in the market for extra turrets. I load 222, 30-30, 6.5x55, 300 Savage, 300 H&H and 38 Special.
    If you want to sell, I'm looking to buy.

This is for my own use. I will not flip them.

I'm with riverdog…… I could certainly use 1 or 2 more as I've added .357 and 45acp recently.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’ll need two for sure as i just ordered a Lee classic 4holer.
    In Christ,

JC

Boolit Master
    Wow even $40 is ridiculous! I certainly wouldn’t pay that kind of money! I mean I know they’re currently out of stock but titan reloading sells them for 12 bucks! Thankfully I have more than enough to cover calipers I reload for with a few extras!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Wow even $40 is ridiculous! I certainly wouldn’t pay that kind of money! I mean I know they’re currently out of stock but titan reloading sells them for 12 bucks! Thankfully I have more than enough to cover calipers I reload for with a few extras!
    I’ve seen the 4hole turrets going for over $50 on fleabay. Na, I’ll wait for ET Brass or another dealer to get them back in stock for less than $15 each.
    In Christ,

JC

Boolit Master

By fall, they will be back down to normal prices of $13-15 a piece. Just have to catch up with demand at the moment. I actually got 550 tool heads and set them up (with Lee Powder Thru Dies and Auto Drums like the LCT) cheaper and I like it better than a “true” all BLUE set up on my 550. Nothing about the Lee Turret Heads make them that valuable except fear buying. Like Beanie Babies, the price will drop back to what they are worth.

Yeah, I saw what they are going for and I’m a big fan of capitalism. And what people do off of this forum, well good for them. I just hate to see this place, a site I have visited and belonged to since 2005, stick it to fellow members. The amount of quality information and guidance I have gotten from the old guard on this site has been amazing. Sat and drank coffee with sages and experts that have forgotten more than know. Not one would have sold a turret head for that price. Difference between morality and and a fast buck.

Come winter time, when ammo is back on the shelves, fear/panic purchases are being sold for Christmas money, stores are stocked with reloading supplies, and we find out that the sky has not fallen: we will be laughing at those that bought these turrets at $50 or more.

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master
    You know that no matter how long you have had those spare turrets as soon as you sell them you will need one 😜

Boolit Grand Master

I have a lot of extra turrets, but I may need get out my Lee turret press some day. I don't sell or get rid of many tools and I'd probably just store them as they take up very little room...

But there is "Pay it Forward" also...
    Last edited by mdi; 03-13-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    I switched 3 cartridges I loaded on my Lee turret to my progressive so had 3 spare , a friend had just bought a LCT so I gave him the 3 spares I had .
    Next thing I knew was the enablers on the Cast boolit forum , tempted me with the 32 family and 44 special .
    So I had to order 3 more turrets to feed 2 32s and 2 44 specials. It's expensive to hang around here

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Chavez View Post
    I’ve seen the 4hole turrets going for over $50 on fleabay. Na, I’ll wait for ET Brass or another dealer to get them back in stock for less than $15 each.
    Joel Chavez, That's the attitude I have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by riverdog View Post
    Joel Chavez, That's the attitude I have as well.
    I sourced 2 from a boolit brother in PA. We did an even trade, 2 of his turrets for 400 of my cast Lyman 452374 boolits. No way in tarnation I was gonna pay more than $15 a piece from anyone or anywhere. Not gonna feed the madness.
    In Christ,

JC

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Chavez View Post
    I sourced 2 from a boolit brother in PA. We did an even trade, 2 of his turrets for 400 of my cast Lyman 452374 boolits. No way in tarnation I was gonna pay more than $15 a piece from anyone or anywhere. Not gonna feed the madness.
    I am with you .
    I will get by until prices come back to normal , if I need anything tht is not at a fair price.

I have a 3-hole turret and it pisses me off every time I use it because I’ve already spent so much time processing brass to run my 4-hole turret

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    I have a 3-hole turret and it pisses me off every time I use it because I’ve already spent so much time processing brass to run my 4-hole turret
    With all the 3-hole turrets I have already setup, it was cheaper for me to convert mine to a 3-hole, I just don't have a need for a 4th for most of my reloads.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    With all the 3-hole turrets I have already setup, it was cheaper for me to convert mine to a 3-hole, I just don't have a need for a 4th for most of my reloads.
    I can’t imagine not needing a 4-hole. I’m currently processing 9mm that would be easier with a 4-hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta decal/resize on a single stage before the new protocol. G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast