Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dr refuses to check my lead levels.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    She did the test finally. The lab pickup guy gave them some test vials supposedly. I did call the insurance co. And asked where to get my lead checked. I told them what was going on with my G.P. So..........
    Your stress over this is doing more harm than the elevated lead levels would. If you really want the test just pay cash, and if you won’t spend $500 on it then you must not be very concerned. Seriously, just pretend that the test comes back at 20 and do whatever you would to lower it...you’ll be fine.

Boolit Buddy
    Check out walkin lab dot com. 50 bucks gets you a test at lab Corp or quest. I used to do rrp work and coupled with the casting/shooting got tested twice a year to make sure I don't get too stupid.

I work with lead professionally and in my spare time for fun. Never tested over 22. One of my co workers tho, rolls& smokes his own cigarettes inside the hot room. Tested over 70.

Keep your lead pot under 700 degrees and wash your digital members and you should be good. You'll be surprised how many times people stick their digits in their mouth when they shouldnt.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

If your DR won't do what you want, fire her. It's your money and you are the boss
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    My GP said she wont check my lead. Because it has been normal since i got it back down. I still want to keep checks on it. So is there a way to get them checked besides from the doc? The girls who draw blood. Said the lead testing vials are expensive too.
    Are you paying for this yourself? Or do you want the Doctor to order it and bill your insurance company?
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

Insurance covered it. I just want to be sure im staying on top of my safe handling of components. Results were 4.3. The best one yet. Jim i hear you on the stress. I don't need it with my heart. Thanks again for everyone's replies too.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Do they really check for things like lead in donated blood? I was sure they tested for HIV and probably hepatitis and maybe other infectious diseases, but I always wondered just how carefully they checked for much else.
    I donated blood recently and got a notice that I tested Positive for Covid. Well, Duh, I had my 2nd vaccination one week earlier.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonian09 View Post
    Check out walkin lab dot com. 50 bucks gets you a test at lab Corp or quest. I used to do rrp work and coupled with the casting/shooting got tested twice a year to make sure I don't get too stupid.
    yeah..when I want some random blood test without needing a doc I just log onto labcorp and order it. just too easy.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonian09 View Post
    You'll be surprised how many times people stick their digits in their mouth when they shouldnt.
    ...or in my case spend an hour playing with lead, then go out to the kitchen and make a sandwich and eat it and realize after the fact I never washed my hands, lol

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Win94ae View Post
    This is Obamacare, we don't need no stinking tests!
    yeah....that crap nearly got me killed.
    I have a genetic disorder that REQUIRES them to put me on high glucose IV IMMEDIATELY if I go into an attack.
    Before the ACA crap there was no problem.
    When I had an attack after the ACA disaster was unleashed, I go into a major attack, went to the ER..they knew exactly what they needed to do...just like the last few times, no problem...oh, but now that ACA crap had some requirements that made it so they couldnt do squat for nearly 3 days.
    I ended up being far worse off than I needed to be because of that garbage law.

Boolit Master

If asked why you want the test casting sinkers sounds good

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123