MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading UK
ADvertise hereTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Case lube

Pure lanolin. Not mixed with alcohol.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by NEKVT View Post
    Hornady Unique lube here too. So little needed and goes on so thin. I'll often rub the first couple cases instead of dipping again and what's on your fingers is good for another 4-5 cases. The tub I've had for at least 15yrs and looks to be about 4 oz is still 2/3 full will last the rest of my life. Can't beat it!
    I actually think the RCBS case lube is superior when I compared it to Unique. I was sizing bullets down through a NOE sizing die. And it was definitely seemed easier with the RCBS lube. However I see no difference when sizing brass. The Unique is good too. I dont think I could use that small tub in my lifetime. Ive also been using the same 2 bottles of RCBS for so long I cant remember. Its cheap also.

Boolit Master
    There has always been a lot more agonizing about case sizing lube than it deserves.

First, all commercial case lubes work very well when used intelligently; nothing works very well if it's use incorrectly.

Second, there is a dizzying collection of case lube substitutes that work just as well as anything marketed for the job.

Third, there is a wide range of effective mixtures of this and that being used by different individuals. That's possible because the mixture ratios are not critical.

We should apply our lube of choice by the best method of application for that specific type of lube; rolling on a pad, spraying or by fingering each case as it's picked up to be sized. (The STP/RCBS greasy mess does not lend itself to spraying, Imperial/waxes don't apply with pads very well, OneShot/sprays don't transfer from fingers to cases very well.)

I just started a jar of Fiebeins ? mink oil. I put some on a homemade pad and roll. Either way, I don't think it can be beat and a LOT there

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234