MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dixie gun works

Boolit Master

I ordered a sight some time back , tried to contact no response it showed against my card but did not process till it shipped , so about a little over a month , but I ordered from them today and they told me right up front it will be 4 weeks to ship my order of a Pedersoli 1874 silhouette rifle in 40-65 , so the wait begins .

Boolit Master
    ive been dealing with dixie since before there was internet and everything was in the flyer they printed, solid business people for decades.
    hopefully they maintain the integrity they have always have had.
    man how I miss the good ole days
    or are these the good old days?

Do you mean when you looked through the catalog, filled out the order form in the back, dropped it the mail, and got your package in four or five weeks? Those good old days?

Boolit Grand Master

Funny, back then no matter where you ordered it was 4-6 weeks but always took at least 6.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
    I ordered a flint lock pistol about a month ago. It was listed in stock. Hasn't shipped yet.

I find it kind of weird that all these panic buys are having an effect on old timey guns.
    My cousin says muzzle loaders way up in price; that many folks think that will be all that we’ll be permitted to shoot. With Harris and Biden in control who knows? With DGW I have ordered stuff by mail and gotten my order back in a shorter time than I thought the USPS could operate ... like 4 days.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

I have seen muzzle loading stuff is way scarce to , I decided some time back to start shooting the muzzle loaders , but I have a fondness for them , all in all I have supplies for cartridge and primitive , they do not want to even leave us that if they have their way , to hell with them .

Dixie gun works and the old Navy arms , many a wishful item in the catalogs , I go to Track of the wolf but they are out of things I want to get to assemble a few rifles .

Boolit Grand Master

Kimbers have a waiting list but not real long. Like a month or a little more.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master

Shiloh Sharps has a waiting list 22 months I believe , Randall knives are up to 6 years now .

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    farmbif - the good old days? I remember those . . I can remember when I was a kid and Turner Kirkland ran a sale on gunstock blanks - he sold three full stock maple blanks on sale for $2.00 each - you had to buy 3 to get them at that price or otherwise, they were $3.00 each individually. I made out the order form - gave my mother the cash from my lawn mowing earnings and she wrote a check - I dropped the order in the mail he next day. I wish you cold have seen the looks on the post office clerks when they finally came in and they handed them to me across the counter. They were strapped together and the shipping label stapled to the butt of one of the outside rough sawn blanks in the bundle.
    Those WERE the days. I used two fo those blanks to build rifles and I still have the third blank after all of these years.

Boolit Master
    I ordered on line thinking that it would be quicker, to order, and get my items by talking to a real person. didn't happen, it still took 6 weeks to get the flints".

Boolit Buddy

Ijust received my order of February 22rd. March 23rd. They did not bill my CC until shipped as I was wrong about that. I hear now Starline is one year behind on their brass orders.We just best plan ahead for some time to come.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12