Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: making 300 BO brass question

I use split necks to make my whisper brass, just do the major cut at the bottom of the shoulder and run the brass, one pass through a RCBS, FLSD, then in a 3 way cutter on a RCBS Pro Trimmer. My brass is already swaged. No annealing is ever needed. I shoot mostly 230g cast, PC with a can.

I have a steady supply of trimable brass, with the cats I shoot.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    I use split necks to make my whisper brass, just do the major cut at the bottom of the shoulder and run the brass, one pass through a RCBS, FLSD, then in a 3 way cutter on a RCBS Pro Trimmer. My brass is already swaged. No annealing is ever needed. I shoot mostly 230g cast, PC with a can.

I have a steady supply of trimable brass, with the cats I shoot.
    You notice and deposits in your can shooting PC bullets? I’m casting the Lee 220’s and am powder coating them to shoot through my Sandman L.

Boolit Mold
    I cut down brass to length with harbor freight saw and squirrel daddy jig. After that I chamfer mouth so not to have jagged edge going into die. I lube cases well and run them through the 300 blackout die this also deprimes them. Then trim the newly formed brass to length. I have messed with different headstamps known to have issues with this conversion and never had a problem with any of them I dont really look at head stamps anymore. My die set is Hornady. The only reason I bring this up is because a buddy of mine has a set of LEE dies and does sort through his head stamps as he has issues with some brass not chambering in his gun.

Boolit Buddy
    I run the cases through my dillion 650 with the RT1500 trimmer installed. I have a FL size die after the trimmer to pop the primer and make sure the cases are uniform. Wet tumble, dry, load on the Dillion 1050. First die in the 1050 is a Lyman M die to flair the necks a touch. Irons out any bur and helps when seating a bullet. I can crank out a couple thousand in short order between both presses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12