Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Lube Sizer for Polymer Coated Bullet Resizing

Boolit Master

You make some good points. I made the mistake of letting a batch of boolits sit around for 2-3 weeks before sizing once. The little Star was really tested but nothing broke. Another mistake I made was to attempt to lube the die with Kroil. I will never, ever try that again. Kroil is not a lubricant. The boolit got stuck hard and I had a dickens of a time getting it out.

I PC with Smoke’s powder and find it very slippery and additional lube usually isn’t necessary. If a powder coated batch is tight I also use commercial or home made lanolin/alcohol lube.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    Magma is a small shop, and reloading machines aren't their only business. They're a steel supply and fabrication shop. It also takes time to train new employees, time they probably don't have right now. New equipment is also suffering the same supply issues as the rest of the industry, plus the fact you have to have room in your shop to set up any new machinery. They're the only game in town right now for casting and bullet processing machines, and they're doing the best they can. I'm dealing with them on an issue with my Bullet Master Mark 6, and in talking to them, you can tell they're under a lot of pressure, but still maintaining their customer service as best they can. Certain parts for these machines are now made from unobtanium, and we're finding that some of the parts for the older machines are now discontinued by WatLow, and other manufacturers.

I'd also prefer to not have my molds made by someone hired yesterday, or the electronics on a Bullet Master Mark 8 done by the same new employee. Believe me when I say the Star Sizer is a very small part of their total business.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    Oh yes I know they are small and that the machines are not the only business but the be on a year backorder and not taking orders sucks. Yes, the industry as a whole is under a lot of pressure but I would think if they are that busy and have that much business they could find and hire a couple more employees that would also already have some experience. Sure, you have to train them still but in the long run it would help them push out more machines quicker. Sizing dies take weeks to get and they do not do all the work on those in house either

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12