Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cbd oil

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    I take a magnesium supplement daily. Magnesium pills are large and pass rapidly through the digestive track before being fully absorbed. I can see how magnesium chloride would not be absorbed through the skin any better than the other treatments (skin patches for nicotine cessation, insulin etc). Look it up Topical Use of Magnesium Oil. It works for me.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The key is taking magnesium citrate. Those other pills have very low absorption rates.

Transdermal patches do work. But they are designed to do so. It's not quite as simple as just putting the medication on the patch. It's pretty hard to break the skin barrier. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transdermal_patch

I've got a friend who's a doctor who has worked on a couple of transdermal delivery systems. It's a very exacting science. DSMO is one chemical that goes through the skin easily.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    My Late Father used WD-40 for joint pain. I thought that was the craziest thing I ever heard (and honestly I still do), but he swore that it worked.
    Crap Jon, I think knew your father and you (or maybe a brother) 20ish years ago. OK maybe a different fella, but there was crazy fella in my area (took his kids to Boy Scouts for awhile, where I met him), sprayed WD-40 on his knees and rubbed it in. If he had used hand lotion, bet it would have had a better affect, the massaging was what helped I am guessing.

I am fighting a disk issue myself currently and after 2 and a half weeks I started slowly getting better. If I was on anything over this time, I could be singing the praises of it and it would have likely had nothing to do with the recovery. I guess if you are convinced it helps, keep doing it. The mind has a strong healing ability.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master
    I knew a woman selling this cbd junk. She got neighbors, friends, and family to buy. Didn’t work worth a darn for anyone. She even wanted to get folks to give it to their pets. It is snake oil.

Boolit Master
    Things I realized over 35 years of medical practice that mostly weren’t taught in medical school:

-Pain is real but experiencing it subjective. So is its relief.

-If medically accepted/established treatments aren’t working for a patient, it’s not unreasonable to look outside the box. It’s also not surprising that a severely affected person is not willing to wait for the medical proof that a cautious doc would want to have before trying something new.

-If something does work for a patient, my job shouldn’t be to belittle or dismiss it, but to make sure there aren’t any harmful downsides that the patient needs to understand.

-It is very, very true that what may not work for one person might be a big help to another. That goes for side effects too; what’s harmless in John might slam Joe.

What I was taught:

-Case reports are great for reporting new diseases and/or treatments, but proof of effectiveness, determining dosage, discovering safety issues, side effects and interactions with other meds often take much more effort and time.

-There are upsides to the regulation of medications, including certification of purity and concentration, and the requirements on labeling and description of known effects and side effects.

All the above applies to CBD products.

I’d say the jury’s still out in terms of proven medical benefit in the traditional sense, but if you’ve tried it and it works for you, people you know or pets you have, I won’t argue it.

Treated pets, by the way, likely aren’t subject to the placebo effect. If anything, there might be an issue with observer bias.

Boolit Master

Saw a pair of firearm oriented attorneys discuss CBD oil. They cautioned that taking CBD oil that does contain THC can put you in a trick bag with the ATF / FBI. On form 4473 you have to avow you don’t use drugs. If your CBD contains THC, a case can be made you are using drugs.
    Reputable producers will provide lab test results for their products.

https://www.cbdpure.com/lab-test-res...Code_52239.pdf

Boolit Master
    If your CBD contains THC, a case can be made you are using drugs.
    What about where it's legal?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    What about where it's legal?
    From my understanding, it is legal in States but the Form 4473 is a Federal Form and they do not recognize THC as legal.

I would go back and read the question. You are not an illegal possessor or addicted user of marijuana. It is CBD oil. Not marijuana.
    My wife takes heavy narcotics for her pain. She is under care of a physician and is regularly tested for about 60 substances. CBD oil has not been found on her last 3 tests, and she uses an ointment fairly regularly on her knees. Not daily, but enough a test should show it up. She had talked with the physician and no issue.

Do what YOU have to do for your health. Oh, if you are in a state that offers a medical marijuana card, then YES, you are definately considered a user.
    Oh, I don't take advice from Ytube lawyers..... Worth just what you paid. Same as the above advise.

Unless you have nerve or cartilage damage, try this.

Before I go into it, some background... I worked in a computer research and development lab and while running tests I often had time on my hands. One night I was playing with parts of an open and disassembled SCSI hard drive. I had a rare earth "super magnet" in my hands for a while just jumbling it around in my hands between various tests and realized my arthritic fingers didn't hurt any more. Hmm... not possible I thought, just coincidence. Arthritis is like that on and off with its effect, some days no pain, others I couldn't close my fist and I chalked it up to that.

A few days later my hand joints were especially stiff and painful so I poo-poohed myself while grabbing the magnet again, and in 5 minutes or so, no pain. The limit on closing my hand fully was still there but it wasn't painful to make a fist.

Now I'm not talking refrigerator magnets here, if you did stick one of these on your fridge, you'd pull down the fridge before getting it off. They're only removable by sliding them off a 90 degree corner.

Anyway, over time I let friends and associates "in" on it and they laughed outwardly at me, but the laughs died away when they tried it and asked where they could get a magnet, and I directed them to my scrap pile. It was fun watching them trying to separate an individual magnet from the pile. Recently my GF and her son who also have arthritic hands were talking about NSAIDS and I brought a magnet there the next visit. Now they both have their own super magnets for their hands.

Everyone I let try my hard drive magnets agreed it worked. How? Dunno, but it's no placebo effect I can say that.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    I would go back and read the question. You are not an illegal possessor or addicted user of marijuana.
    None the less, THC is illegal to possess or use. Raw CBD oil can contain enough THC to show up on a drug screen. That is the reality. Reputable CBD oil companies will provide a detailed analysis report of their product such as the attachment in post #65. It behooves regular users of CBD oil to know what they are ingesting. With the continual pressure to restrict firearm ownership by any means, I’d prefer being overly cautious to having my 2A rights denied based on a technicality.
    Opium is made from poppies. There was a time when consuming a poppy seed encrusted bagel would result in a positive reading for opium on a randomly administered drug screen.
    More than one bread-winner had to explain being discharged to their spouse as a result.
    As previously stated I don’t use CBD oil. My wife does and the sale is charged to an account in my name. Not being related to a high government official my caution is prudent.

Boolit Mold
    I know that CBD oil can be used as a painkiller. From what I remember, a friend of mine has used CBD oil for his severe back problems. His doctor recommended it if I'm not mistaken. So you can also try, but I think you should get in touch with your doctor first. At least contact the guys from Legal Cannabis In Toronto. They will give you a quick overview of cannabis products to understand what product will suit you the most.
    Last edited by garciaisett; 08-18-2022 at 10:18 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by garciaisett View Post
    I know that CBD oil can be used as a pain reliever.
    I know CBD Oil can get you 10 years in a Russian prison
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

Gary,
    The WNBA player that looks and walks rather manly ...was carrying Hashish oil, not CBD oil.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

CBD does nothing for me. Gp

Boolit Master

I have tried CBD in salve and spray form. It did nothing for me. However I know people who get relief from it. I encourage you to try it, it may work for you.

Boolit Grand Master

Gary,
    The WNBA player that looks and walks rather manly ...was carrying Hashish oil, not CBD oil.
    CBD oil is not legal in Russia ... in any form .
    As such , individuals may not possess , sell or buy ANY CBD products in the country .

Don't believe me ... try to bring some in or out of Russia .

I know CBD oil can get you 10 years in a Russian prison .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Try creaytom ( sp ) the leaf of tree in s. E. Asia, no mj hit for band subsences. Got it for my son at tabaco shop

Boolit Master
    I have had the opportunity to observe closely the new idea of geezers and legal THC.
    Maybe the active ingredient in CBD is really the very low THC content.
    An effective dose of THC is very small once you are saturated with it.
    The stuff lingers for weeks...

All drugs affect all people differently.
    I read that in a book and have seen it in person.
    I'm serious, some people show no effects at all from THC/CBD.
    But some are lost far far away in neverland, narcotized.
    YMMV

ALL drugs ALL people ALL different!
    Morning or evening a medicine can have a different effect.
    Age weight metabolism allergies we are certainly individually made.

One man's aspirin is another man's bleeding ulcer.
    There are no "safe" NSAIDS for long term pain.

A psychotic teenager smoking pot will soon be talking to the police, ending badly.

A little old lady eats a THC gummy, it's bedtime for her with a break from neuropathy.
    It's what it's for, works great, won't harm her at all. I am surrounded by stoned little old ladies.
    It's like an experiment with happy Guinea Pigs. Is it Alzheimer's, dementia, or are we just high?

Is she legal to drive the next day?
    No!
    She is still stoned, by law and a blood test.
    She likely will piss hot for three weeks, and that idea's not on the warning label.
    Does it affect her driving skills? Yes, by definition and by law.
    DUI vehicular manslaughter is good for seven years in jail:
    Judged and jugged for a gummy eaten two weeks ago.
    That's fair, that's consequences, don't drive dirty.

I have been drug-tested in all my jobs, all my working life, a fact of life.
    Of all my myriad bosses, only four were not morning drinkers.
    Booze good; pot bad.

George Carlin said, "America has a dope problem. There's too many dopes."

Boolit Grand Master

Gary,
    I heard the Russians went easy on her (?) ... I mean ... "The WNBA Player that looks and walks rather manly" ( I like that ) ... They let her off with only 9 years in prison .

Oh Yeah ... Let's hear how bad a place America is now .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I heard the Russians went easy on her (?) ... I mean ... "The WNBA Player that looks and walks rather manly" ( I like that ) ... They let her off with only 9 years in prison .

Oh Yeah ... Let's hear how bad a place America is now .
    Gary
    Did you see the video clips on the news, where The WNBA Player was speaking in court?
    Talk about a deep voice
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast