Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cbd oil

Boolit Grand Master
    Is that the same as Hemp Oil????
    I've been using Hemp Oil for a little while.
    It's very subtle.
    It works but you just realize it.
    Squirt under the tongue, hold it there for a minute or so, drink some water to wash it down.
    Works for me anyway.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Is that the same as Hemp Oil????

SNIP>>>
    There is Hemp seed oil
    and
    there is Hemp seed oil with plant (full spectrum) extract.

There is little or no, CBD in Hemp seed oil
    the plant extract contains CBD and a hundred other similar components.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Tobacco growers in my area have tried hemp growing to replace it. There is government oversight about the THC content of their crop. There is an acceptable amount of THC in their hemp crop. Beyond the magic number the crop must be destroyed. Most growers will plant 4 or 5 varieties so they don't chance having to destroy their whole crop.

Most have gotten out of the business because of the crop pest problem. Once it's mature you can smell it easily. The pests raid the the crop at night to supplement their pot supply as a cutting agent. Everybody's crop comes in around the same time so the sheriffs dept. can't keep up with all the calls. There is no allocation of funds in their budget for crop protection nor legislated in the state budget.
    Private guards and thermal vision have been the norm. Most don't want to shoot somebody over a crop that's iffy as far as payment.

One family grows, processes, and sells their own oil. They were up to 12 stores and are now down to 6. Only relatives work in their stores.

I tried it for 2 months. Pain relief was immediate in my hands and shoulders. Turmeric took care of the burning sensation on the backs of my fingers. I've got HBP. At the end of 2 months, my heart would start thumping after taking the CBD oil. Never a problem after I discontinued its use. My doctor gave me it's approval before I started since it the same as she uses for her arthritis which she had used for the previous 2 years without issue.

Some stuff works for some folks and not others. Some folks pain tolerance is higher than others. Some folks don't feel pain at all.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    There is Hemp seed oil
    and
    there is Hemp seed oil with plant (full spectrum) extract.

There is little or no, CBD in Hemp seed oil
    the plant extract contains CBD and a hundred other similar components.
    Thanks
    Never knew that.
    So which is better for ocasional pain???
    Gout, arthritis, headaches.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Thanks
    Never knew that.
    So which is better for ocasional pain???
    Gout, arthritis, headaches.
    See jsizemore's comment, as I entirely agree with his words in regards to any dietary supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    SNIP...

Some stuff works for some folks and not others. Some folks pain tolerance is higher than others. Some folks don't feel pain at all.
    With that said, I do have my opinions.

Gout is uric acid crystals deposited in the joints...you got to use something that will dissolve and flush it out of your system. You also have to use something to correct the metabolism of uric acid in your body, so it doesn't happen again. I don't believe Hemp seed oil or Hemp plant extract will do any of that.

Headaches...Isn't there as many reasons for a headache, as there are stars in the sky? CBD will likely help any headache that is induced by inflammation.

Arthritis, CBD should help that.

My opinion of Hemp seed oil, it doesn't do anything more or less than extra virgin olive oil. If you search out larger sizes of Hemp seed oil, you will find that it's about the same price as a good quality extra virgin olive oil. Hemp seed oil a nice carrier for Hemp plant extract. I would avoid sellers of small bottles of "Hemp oil", when the only ingredient listed is Hemp seed oil.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    I never knew they were different.
    I always thought hemp had cbd in it.
    Learn something new everyday.
    I will try cbd oil.
    My gout has been under control for a while.
    It's what I eat sometimes, that is the trigger.
    I try my best to stay away from those things, but temptation gets the best of me.
    I have found Black Cheery Extract works great if I do have an attack.
    Also Solaray Total Cleanse Uric Acid works great. But is expensive.
    I blame the damacraps for my headaches.

Boolit Buddy
    I got some oil for a friend who had prostate cancer, he said it gave him no relief at all.

Boolit Master
    They say it take a while for CBD to work and when it does you can cut back on the amount your taking. I just ordered some for my wife and I to try for our aches n pains.
    If anything I understand you should at least get better sleep. That would be great too !
    I will post back with my results. I’ll still be lurking !

Mike

I’ll try to keep this fairly short and simple.

For those seeking pain relief, CBD by itself really isn’t going to do a lot, because CBD is designed to work in conjunction with THC and the myriad of other cannabinoids contained in the cannabis plant.

For the same reason, THC by itself can easily cause undesirable symptoms such as mild paranoia and restlessness when used in an isolated manner.

There are MANY strains of cannabis, all with varying levels of THC and CBD, and not every strain will end up being “the bees knees” for the particular ailment.

For the best possible relief, contrary to what CBD salesmen will tell you, you’re going to want a full plant extract, including THC and every single other cannabinoid. Why? Because they work TOGETHER. That’s how the plant was created. It wasn’t created to have a single molecule isolated out and used, it was designed to have all parts working together.

All of that said- CBD can and does help with inflammation. THC can and does help with pain. Together, they compliment each other.

My particular body chemistry makes it useless to take opioids for pain. OTC stuff does absolutely nothing to me, and opioids are a small step up from there. I’ve found a couple strains of cannabis that produce amazing results.

Big pharma doesn’t want people to know the full bennies of cannabis, because that will hurt their profit margins. The federal govt wants to keep it illegal, because they make way too much money on the “war on drugs”, and subsequent convictions.

I went from spending all kinds of money on scrips, lining big pharma’s pockets, dealing with the constant (and very real) threat of opioid addiction, dealing with the nasty side effects of the scrips, to something that does NOT line big pharma pockets, is NOT addictive, does NOT have negative side effects, and is clean and organic relief.

The side effects?
    - I sleep better than I have in a couple decades.
    - My mood is a lot more even keeled.
    - No withdrawals.
    - No addiction.
    - Cheap
    - No brain fog
    - plus many more

Feel free to PM me if you want more detailed information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

cbd oil

As an afterthought: somebody mentioned something to the effect of doing some homework and getting reputable products.

That is absolutely stellar advice, because there is a lot of fake stuff being pushed. These fake producers really target those who are largely uninformed, and they prey on those who are simply seeking a solution to their issues. It’s terrible, but it happens in every other market as well.

So, do your homework. Maybe get to know somebody who can help educate you. Look at peer reviews- the general community is pretty good about spotlighting the fake stuff, as it gives everybody else a bad reputation also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master
    My wife did some research because of the grapefruit warnings on the CBD oil. Since she takes blood thinners and cholesterol meds she decided to not try this till she talks to her Dr.
    She also read some Drs will not treat you if your on CBD.

Since Monday, dropper at night before bed. No sleep gain
    Tuesday 1 dropper morning and night, no sleep gain yet.
    My hands feel better w/ arithritis, maybe more focused and overall feel ok.
    Stay tuned
    Mike

Boolit Master

My oldest daughter was in her mid-thirties, and suffering from wicked arthritis. One day, I saw her sitting up cross-leeged on the floor with her kids. She sprang to her feet, bounded across the floor toward the kitchen. She stopped and did some yoga-spinal twist, cracking he back before bounding off the the kitchen. "Hold the darn phone, you haven't been able to do that for 5 years."

My oldest daughter explained she had started with CBD the week before. I asked her for more details. she explained bout the CBD came from a dispensary and showed the Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometer results from the lab (I formerly worked in a lab with a GCMS) that tested the CBD compound. I told her to call her younger sister.

My middle daughter had been in a Motor Vehicle Accident and was in so much pain she was basically unemployable. She would at a job interview but be so impaired by pain it was visible. Not wanting to take opiate based pain meds, she use the usual Tylenol and Advil, which did not help. She started with CBD, was employed the following week.

My mother, recently having turned 82, had a knee replacement some time back and was still in pain. I told mom to talk to my daughters about their experiences with pain management. My dad, not even being a fan of green leafy plant based CBD, drove mom to a dispensary. Mom was able to buy the same CBD product/manufacturer at the local pharmacy. CBD helped with her knees, but a degenerating spine required surgical correction. That was last month, she is doing her Physical Therapy, pushing it too hard just with like her knee.

But, my parents are Dust Bowl Farm Kids, and only moved off the farm when dad was mid 70s. Stubborn and determined are not negative traits, it is just in their DNA. I thought they were going to be more stubborn about the CBD thing.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    The copper, magnets, cbd, dsmo, are all in the same basket that the sellers use to make $$$.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dagger dog View Post
    The copper, magnets, cbd, dsmo, are all in the same basket that the sellers use to make $$$.
    I'll disagree. CBD works for many people. It even works for pets. My buddy has a rehomed war dog. She would panic if he left her sight. He started giving her CBD supplements and the change was dramatic. The CBD worked better than any prescription med he had tried.

Everyone I personally know that has tried CBD has had excellent results.

But we're not buying some generic product from the gas station. We're buying a product that contains CBD and is lab tested.

Also the company we use gives a 60% discount to Veterans, low income, and disabled people.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Update from my last post. I increased the 1 dropper full to 2 droppers at night and sleep much longer and better quality of sleep.
    As far as day time, I don’t always take the cbd and I think I can honestly say that it does help with regular pains along with the added drops I put on the arthritis in my hands.

I use the cbd product mentioned on 1st page from Lazarus. They provide you with the lab tested results specifically for the date coded product you were sent.

Your results might vary but I do believe this helps me out.

Mike
    Last edited by myg30; 06-01-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I'll disagree. CBD works for many people. It even works for pets. My buddy has a rehomed war dog. She would panic if he left her sight. He started giving her CBD supplements and the change was dramatic. The CBD worked better than any prescription med he had tried.

Everyone I personally know that has tried CBD has had excellent results.

But we're not buying some generic product from the gas station. We're buying a product that contains CBD and is lab tested.

Also the company we use gives a 60% discount to Veterans, low income, and disabled people.
    Bluebird?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Bluebird?
    Lazarus Naturals.

As far as I've found they have the highest potency at the best price.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

My wife is a firm believer in cbd oil. Gives it to the dogs too. Oldest is a 15 + year old cocker poodle. It does seem to help her stiffness. I don’t use it myself. I sleep great, have occasional shoulder pain after driving long distance & knee joint pain if I’m dumb enough to kneel without a cushion.
    The thing that works best for me for pain relief is Magnesium Oil spray. Spray it on and in less than a minute I’m pain free for hours.
    We were at a neighborhood get together before the plandemic. I had just started using it and was telling a buddy about my results. Ten minutes later the wife walked home and brought the bottle back. Several neighbors tried it on aches & pains. They all felt instant relief and were ordering it on their phones as we sat there. My neighbors swear by it now, and they’re all Well past 65 years old. It won’t cure a hip or knee that needs to be replaced but will relieve some of the pain.
    Wife had researched it thoroughly. Magnesium is something the body needs that isn’t present in most foods. I read spraying it on soles of feet promotes sleep and general health. Seems the soles allow body to absorb minerals and such. It’s worth a look for muscle & joint pain, headaches and the like. Way cheaper than CBD oil and no controlled substance worries.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    My wife is a firm believer in cbd oil. Gives it to the dogs too. Oldest is a 15 + year old cocker poodle. It does seem to help her stiffness. I don’t use it myself. I sleep great, have occasional shoulder pain after driving long distance & knee joint pain if I’m dumb enough to kneel without a cushion.
    The thing that works best for me for pain relief is Magnesium Oil spray. Spray it on and in less than a minute I’m pain free for hours.
    We were at a neighborhood get together before the plandemic. I had just started using it and was telling a buddy about my results. Ten minutes later the wife walked home and brought the bottle back. Several neighbors tried it on aches & pains. They all felt instant relief and were ordering it on their phones as we sat there. My neighbors swear by it now, and they’re all Well past 65 years old. It won’t cure a hip or knee that needs to be replaced but will relieve some of the pain.
    Wife had researched it thoroughly. Magnesium is something the body needs that isn’t present in most foods. I read spraying it on soles of feet promotes sleep and general health. Seems the soles allow body to absorb minerals and such. It’s worth a look for muscle & joint pain, headaches and the like. Way cheaper than CBD oil and no controlled substance worries.
    Why not just take a magnesium supplement?

BTW, skin absorption is HIGHLY overrated. If you could absorb water through your skin you'd gain weight during a bath or when you went swimming.

Here are some actual studies on absorbing magnesium through the skin.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5579607/

Overcoming this layer in significant quantities is only possible for lipophilic substances. In magnesium chloride solution, magnesium is present in ionized form and therefore not able to penetrate a lipophilic layer. In addition, the radius of the hydrated magnesium ion (86 pm) has been reported to be 400 times higher than its dehydrated form, leading to the assertion that it is almost impossible for magnesium ions to pass through biological membranes

If magnesium absorption through the skin worked then simply using Epsom salts in water would greatly increase the amount of magnesium through the skin.

Also study placebo effect.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    Why not just take a magnesium supplement .
    I take a magnesium supplement daily. Magnesium pills are large and pass rapidly through the digestive track before being fully absorbed. I can see how magnesium chloride would not be absorbed through the skin any better than the other treatments (skin patches for nicotine cessation, insulin etc). Look it up Topical Use of Magnesium Oil. It works for me.
    Last edited by Bmi48219; 06-04-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast