MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: cbd oil

Boolit Master
    Edibles and concentrates that have equal amounts of THC/CBD are good medicine for most. Gentle and mellow effect. But THC and firearms ownership do not mix! I gave up on THC years ago because of that.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Buddy

Placebo? maybe some of the brands that don't actually have any real ingredients but my dog sure isn't affected by the "placebo effect". We ran out of her CBD oil and it took me a couple days to get back to the store I always but it from. She was back to yelping when turning her head and moving. Which was one of the reasons we started giving her drops along with her hips that don't move so great anymore. Now can one argue that dogs are different than humans? Sure. But When I can (2 years) without taking the chance of a hot test I am going to giver a shot.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    Edibles and concentrates that have equal amounts of THC/CBD are good medicine for most. Gentle and mellow effect. But THC and firearms ownership do not mix! I gave up on THC years ago because of that.
    Below is federal law that has catch phrases like 'whenever possible'

g. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

ATTACHMENT IISchedules of Controlled Substances in Section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802).§ 812. Schedules of controlled substances.• (a) Establishment .............................
    .........................• (c) Hallucinogenic SubstancesUnless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation, which contains any quantity of the following hallucinogenic substances, or which contains any of their salts, isomers, and salts of isomers whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:•

(1) 3,4-methylenedioxy amphetamine.• (2) 5-methoxy-3,4-methylenedioxy amphetamine.• (3) 3,4,5-trimethoxy amphetamine.• (4) Bufotenine.• (5) Diethyltryptamine.• (6) Dimethyltryptamine.• (7) 4-methyl-2,5-diamethoxyamphetamine.5• (8) Ibogaine.• (9) Lysergic acid diethylamide.• (10) Marihuana.• (11) Mescaline.• (12) Peyote.• (13) N-ethyl-

I've got a few issues which are pretty intrusive. One is a central nervous condition that means my whole body burns at a high level constantly, and the other is substantial arthritis from too-aggressive a training during my 30's, screwing my spine and hips up (the spine and the central neuro thing are connected - jacked up my cervical spine/spinal chord at the junction w/ the brain in addition to the arthritis everywhere else). I've never found CBD by itself to do much. I do know this is highly individualistic, though, with many people getting great relief. Good luck.
    -Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    There's some evidence that at least some THC helps actuate the benefits of the CBD, far better than when CBD is used alone. Agreed - not a good mix with firearms.
    -Paul

Today I ordered 30ml of CBD oil essential hemp oil. It was suggested to me for insomnia.
    From what I read above, many praise its effects on sleep. I hope it will go well, it's the first time I'll be consuming a cannabis product.
    How much do you guys pay for the hemp oi? I got it for $48 from https://www.stateofmindlabs.com/.
    Last edited by PuppetZ; 03-22-2024 at 07:02 AM.

Be cautious with any CBD product, you may not be sure what you have? I serve as a volunteer EMT, with our ambulance service. Recently I had a patient that took " a couple" of gummies, ended up unconscious for 36 hours, intubated, ER visit, and a helicopter ride to a major medical center. It made me pretty reluctant to give CBD a try! hc18flyer

Might help the insomnia but I doubt it. Wife got some a while back foe pain, less use than taking a Tylenol. Get some melatonin for insomnia.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by hc18flyer View Post
    Be cautious with any CBD product, you may not be sure what you have? I serve as a volunteer EMT, with our ambulance service. Recently I had a patient that took " a couple" of gummies, ended up unconscious for 36 hours, intubated, ER visit, and a helicopter ride to a major medical center. It made me pretty reluctant to give CBD a try! hc18flyer
    I went with a place my pain place recommended. Did nothing for the pain but it might help with sleeping. Stuff wasn't worth it to us.

Boolit Master
    I asked my doc how it worked for her. She said it made the difference between her staying on her feet during clinic hours and having to take frequent breaks. It would hurt me watching her walk before she started taking it. It was almost immediate help for me when the arthritis came to visit but decided to stay. After a couple months the effect wore off. A former nurse told me about Turmeric and it's still working. A 500mg extra strength acetaminophen twice a day takes care of the daily stuff unless I overdo it then I double up. Regular non or low impact exercise also helps. Just got to know your limitations. I heard that somewhere before. Good Luck

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetZ View Post
    Today I ordered 30ml of CBD oil essential hemp oil. It was suggested to me for insomnia.
    From what I read above, many praise its effects on sleep. I hope it will go well, it's the first time I'll be consuming a cannabis product.
    How much do you guys pay for the hemp oi? I got it for $48 from https://www.stateofmindlabs.com/
    That's about the going rate for a quality product that is 3rd party tested. The 30ml bottle for $48 from your link, contains about 500mg of CBD. I buy from a trusted farmer/friend. I go with a higher concentrated solution (over 2000mg) in same 30ml bottle for a price that's about quadruple, but sometimes there are sales, like 40% off.
    Finding a source that's trustyworthy is probably the most important thing when it comes to any supplements like CDB.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    I asked my doc how it worked for her. She said it made the difference between her staying on her feet during clinic hours and having to take frequent breaks. It would hurt me watching her walk before she started taking it. It was almost immediate help for me when the arthritis came to visit but decided to stay. After a couple months the effect wore off. A former nurse told me about Turmeric and it's still working. A 500mg extra strength acetaminophen twice a day takes care of the daily stuff unless I overdo it then I double up. Regular non or low impact exercise also helps. Just got to know your limitations. I heard that somewhere before. Good Luck
    Careful with taking to much acetaminophen as it can mess up your liver. I was advised by my old doctor who used to be a pharmacist before becoming a doctor.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Careful with taking to much acetaminophen as it can mess up your liver. I was advised by my old doctor who used to be a pharmacist before becoming a doctor.
    Maximum safe dosage is between 3000mg and 4000mg per 24hrs, so probably best to stay below 3000mg.

It's in everything these days, though, so it's not too difficult to end up taking a lot more than you realize you're taking.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I'm allergic to NSAID's so acetaminophen is the go to. I limit my dosage so I can safely take a double dose if necessary without causing any ill effects by getting to the 3000mg/24hr threshold. So far it's working with the doc's blessing. If all else fails I got the opiate stuff to fall back on. Then my hobby will be sleeping.

Boolit Master
    Comments about THC and firearms not mixing are puzzling. I avoid coffee when I go to the range, let alone anything more. I sure hope no one is doing anything harder than THC, like mixing alcohol with firearms! Alcohol shuts down your frontal lobes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345