Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my early Christmas present from the wife. WOW!!

Boolit Buddy
    Just found this, that's great Mike, I didn't know they made them that big either.

I was down at a local ammo manufacturer the other day, RedLine, and the guy was using a cement mixer to tumble his brass, they go through so much.

Boolit Master
    i use TWO dillon brass cleaners!
    plain ground corn cob from a blasting media supplier....40 lb bags cost less than 30 bucks.

get the large media seperator and a spare tub. use the second tub as a cover when operating the seperator.

add a timer to the power line. i use a 20 dollar home depot in a 2x2 box with two outlets.

one hour is plenty for most brass.

do not mix brass that can fit into one another.

they produce a fine black dust that i have not yet figure how to control.

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Mike, I just throw a few used dryer sheets in with the brass and it greatly reduces the dust and red powder from the Lyman Tuff-Nut media. I cut them in strips about 1-2 inches wide and it works great. I usualy get a couple tumbles out f them and chuck them after their loaded up.

I also have a couple Black Walnut trees in my one field and when they start dropping I have the kids gather them(With gloves on)and put them in steel drums with holes in the sides to dry. After their dried(About a month or two) I remove the skins and then boil them for a couple hours to remove the rest of the crud on the outside. Then I take them and mash them up in a big steel pot and sift it to get the mesh size I want. I just add a little polish and use them for my real dirty cases and it works great compared to store bought media.
    ** Please bear with me for a day or two if I dont reply quickly.**
    Mike B.
    Gun Control= Being able to hit your target.

Boolit Buddy

Congradulations mike---you'll be saving lots of time now... Ihave two. Got one at a small gun show for $50.00 (geat deal, if i say so myself) needed just a little work. That was over 20 yrs ago... I dip my brass & media out with a coffee can into a 5 gal bucket... Take a bucket and cut it in half. Work a piece of rat wire 1/4 in holes onto the bottom with sides on the inside.. Place this bucket into another bucket with a lid and shake it--back & forth--then round in circles. Works very well. Pics availab\le via e-mail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12