WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my early Christmas present from the wife. WOW!!

Got my early Christmas present from the wife. WOW!!

I got a real nice early Christmas present tonight and it was in a huge box and when I opened it there was a Dillon Magnum FL-2000 tumbler with Lyman Tuff-Nut media and a bottle of Dillon additive! I almost fell over when she asked me if it was big enough for what I was doing because she was tired of hearing me complain that I needed another tumbler.LOL. I looked at the capacity and it blew me away because I didnt realize they even made a tumbler this huge. It holds 2000 9mm's, 1300 .357 Magnums and 550 30-06 cases. This thing is a beast and im glad my wife knows what I want under the tree. I guess I owe her a real nice back rub later.LOL.
    ** Please bear with me for a day or two if I dont reply quickly.**
    Mike B.
    Gun Control= Being able to hit your target.

You lucky duck!!!!

I dumped all my 9mm's in it at once and I still cant believe how big this beast is. I think the only thing they should have considered is a way to dump it from a side chute like the Lymans because this is alot of media to sift.
    Mike B.

mike one of the best things about the dillon is how fas t it cleans and how well it cleans
    Last edited by testhop; 12-25-2008 at 02:31 PM.

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE

crime dont pay as will as politics

Boolit Master
    Get yourself a cat litter scoop and a dust mask!

The scoop will get the case's out fast and the mask will keep your exposure to lead dust to a minimum!

Im in the process of fabricating a side chute to seperate brass from media and will post pics after its installed on it. The tumbler is mounted on a 34" high bench and im making a sliding side port out of fiberglass mat and resin that attaches to a flexible rubber coupler and a pipe with a screen on the botton and as it emptys it will seperate most of the media from the brass. Im using 2"ID grey pvc and 1/4" screen over a cutout section thats about 1/3 the pipes diameter and Gorilla glued it in place. As the machine vibrates and emptys the pipe vibrates also sending the cases down it into a pail and theres a tub under the screened section that the media falls into so it can be easily dumped back into the tumbler.
    Mike B.

Boolit Grand Master

Well, I have had the large Dillon tumbler for many years. I just use a coffee can and scoop the contents into the case/media separator. It only takes a couple of minutes...

Dale53

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenbarb View Post
    I got a real nice early Christmas present tonight and it was in a huge box and when I opened it there was a Dillon Magnum FL-2000 tumbler with Lyman Tuff-Nut media and a bottle of Dillon additive! I almost fell over when she asked me if it was big enough for what I was doing because she was tired of hearing me complain that I needed another tumbler.LOL. I looked at the capacity and it blew me away because I didnt realize they even made a tumbler this huge. It holds 2000 9mm's, 1300 .357 Magnums and 550 30-06 cases. This thing is a beast and im glad my wife knows what I want under the tree. I guess I owe her a real nice back rub later.LOL.
    What a Gal!!

A keeper for sure. Does she shoot too??

Shiloh

Boolit Master

You will like it, Ive had mine for many years and no problems. In fact its running right now.

Shiloh, She dont shoot alot but she has an ugly sister who loves to.LOL.(Plus she can cook)
    Mike B.

Boolit Buddy
    If her ugly sister can also cast bullets ,pack elk & has a 40-70 Sharps straight
    please post pictures of the 40-70

LOL, She shoots a 45-120 with one hand.
    Mike B.

Boolit Buddy
    The dillon m3edia separator is the best thing I ever used to separate media frommy dillon tumble. It works GOOD. The large one will take all the contents of the 2000 in one shot. It is way less work than a pan sifter. With the tumbling action it does, it gets ALL of the media out of the brass. Get one, you won't be sorry.

Bion

I have a smaller tumbler. What I do is loosen the lid enough that the media can get out, but not the cases. I turn it on, then turn it sideways over a plastic bin I got. Within a minute or 2 all the media comes out and brass stays in the tumbler.

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    Shiloh, She dont shoot alot but she has an ugly sister who loves to.LOL.(Plus she can cook)

I was just about to ask you if she had a sister!!!!!

KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

Boolit Mold
    Heya mike, My dad got me that little Frankfort arsenal setup kit for my christmas present.. maybe one day i'll be pumpin' 'em out like you do! I'm building the bench tomorrow, i'll send you some pics. Put up some of the new rig and the separator after you finish building it

Boolit Buddy
    A 70-120 with one hand , I was gonna ask for some of her recepies to see if she could realy cook but ......... think that maybe you should kinda fixer up with
    Montana Charlie

MyGuns, I definatly will and its coming out pretty good and I just gotta finish up the sanding on it and match the color and paint where its was sanded. Its gonna make life alot easier to empty it out.

runnin lead, Tell him to give her a call.LOL. She can definatly cook but man is she ugly!
    Mike B.

You got a good one there , she's a keeper

Boolit Bub
    im glad my wife knows what I want under the tree. I guess I owe her a real nice back rub later.LOL.
    She should get a lot more than just ONE nice back rub...... she is a keeper. My fiance got me a new Dremmel and complete accessory kit for Christmas. Oh and BTW she just got her CCW and likes to shoot.

Happy New Year everybody.
    Stargzer
    USAF, MSgt Retired
    NRA Life Member