MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non-target 22 LR in non-target rifles — flogging a dead horse?

Boolit Master
    some folks over at accurate shooter did some extensive accuracy testing several years ago with a huge quantity and variety of 22 ammo and surprisingly bulk winchester Dyna points came out somewhere near the top as far as accuracy.

Boolit Master
    thanks for the reference to Accurate Shooters test. Premium ammo will, all things considered, be more consistent. But each .22 is unique and many will not benefit from the extra expense, or perform the same from brand to brand.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Pete View Post
    thanks for the reference to Accurate Shooters test. Premium ammo will, all things considered, be more consistent. But each .22 is unique and many will not benefit from the extra expense, or perform the same from brand to brand.
    "AMEN!"

I think you can improve to some measurable extent most all the .22lr offerings out there by tuning & by improving the platform they are shot in....to do that, get ready for a trip into a deep rabbit'hole!

One of the most educational trips I've made in years...way too much we all just take for granted these days.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    MostlyLeverGuns hit the nail on the head. "The Art of 22 Rimfire Accuracy" by Jim Calfee is a great book. Jim published many articles in "Precision Shooting" magazine years back before it went under. Costs about $48 from Barnes and Noble and is about 718 pages long. Just got my copy today and haven't read it yet. But it does cotain all his published articles plus just about anything you'd want to know about shooting and gunsmithing 22's. Frank

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123