Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Oh Darn!

Boolit Buddy

Red face Oh Darn!

I was selling a .218 Mashburn safe queen gun with brass and bullets to a guy just ten miles from me. He had a C&R license so paper work was easy for Calif!
    Anyway I went looking for the brass I hadn't seen in ten years and started digging thru my 'stuff". I found a 100 rd box of Black Hills .223 52 gr HPs reloads behind my .22 LR ammo. Now I've been shooting cast in my .308 and .30-40 for a while and figured I'd soon need some fresh .308 brass soon. First place I looked I found 'bout three, three pound coffee cans of once fired LC 64 Match .308 brass, all cleaned resized and trimmed! plus some other mil once fired. And some .30-06 brass maybe 40-60 rds.
    Not what I was looking for.
    I had an ammo locker that I keep special ammo in, but my keys wouldn't work the Master lock! Heck! Kept looking and found some more commercial once fired .308Win brass say 80 rounds. Finally today I cut the lock off my ammo locker and found 40 rounds of .308 WIn Loaded 180 gr WIn plus another forty to eighty rounds of once fired .308, over 120 rds of .223 WIn White box 55 FMJ loads and 100 rds of .357 mag WIn Black Talons, some 40 rounds of .30-06 Factory 180 gr. and some .44 Mag and couple boxes of .38 Spc! Kept looking and no luck on the brass I was looking for.

Now 10-15 year ago I used to try to keep 1,000 rounds of ,38 and .357 Mag loaded when I was shooting pistol so I kept finding .38 and .357 brass all over.

Dejected I sat at my reloading chair and looked over and I saw a box I that I knew was filled with brass, but covered with other boxes. Pulled it out from under the desk and found, yep more .38 and .357 brass plus 200 rounds of Brand new .30-06 brass Win and Hornady plus a bunch of new .45 ACP and three two pound coffee cans of .45 ACP my FIL had give me when he stopped shooting at 85 years of age. Most of it cleaned, deprimed sized and belled! ALso in the box was about 140 rounds of once fired .308 Commercial WIn and Rem.

Again not what I was looking for a hundred rounds of new Win .218 brass!

Dis-sparing I was thinking about getting my best friend to loan me back the Long Slide Hardballer I had sold him a few years ago. I looked down under my powder box and spotted a plastic file box that looked like it had some more Black Hills .223 brass in it and found... You guessed it 140 or so more .308 once fired commercial and .38 and .357 and some .44 mag and .44 Spc brass and way in the back was the .218 Bee brass, 200 rounds of new Winchester unprimed!

Hooray, now I could close the deal on the gun!

So I sold the gun, bullets and brass for a bit more than I asked based on the extera brass and now, if I don't wear out the 300 rounds of Krag brass I have I'll never have to buy brass again!

Now I just have to cast up a couple of thousand boolets to wear out the brass!

Shucks!

Boolit Buddy
    Well that sounds like a successful day. I need to get more organized bc I dont have any idea how much I have. Cheers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by CraigOK View Post
    Well that sounds like a successful day. I need to get more organized bc I dont have any idea how much I have. Cheers
    Same here I gave my son 10k 40s&w just to get it out of my shop, he still carries a 40 caliber and I traded my 40 caliber about 15 years ago. And still have brass for it.lol
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here