Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: more primers

Boolit Master

more primers

a quick look around gun broker I see a common price for primers is about $200 for 500 primers for buy it now. but what gets my attention are the pictures of some new fangled looking packaging on cci with the colored stripes
    ive never seen these before. is it something new? are these folks getting current production jacking up the prices? my fishy business detector is going off.
    seems like current bid prices are still around $200-$225/1000
    how many of you folks would cash in if they hit $1 a primer

Boolit Buddy
    At a buck a piece I am cashing in and out of the game.

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by truckerdave397 View Post
    At a buck a piece I am cashing in and out of the game.
    gonna sell your guns too??
    There is NO promises that the price of primers or powder will every get back down to a reasonable price.

My suggestion right now is limit your shooting to just being able to maintain your proficiency. Do not sell ammo or reloading supplies unless your willing to NEVER replace them.

For me, I have a pile of large rifle primers. I no longer load anything that requires them. I could use them for pistol if push came to shove but I have plenty of those as well.
    I can understand the draw to making easy money but at what cost? Giving up shooting entirely because you can't afford the ammo and you sold all your supplies????
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

In my decades of reloading and casting, I've never seen a worse time to be a buyer, or a better time to be a seller.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Just don't buy them until the price gets back to normal.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    In my decades of reloading and casting, I've never seen a worse time to be a buyer, or a better time to be a seller.

Murphy
    Me either, but I'm still not becoming a seller, and that stuff is stacked deep on the shelf for a reason.

I look at it like this. Would you cash out your homeowners or life insurance for a quick profit? Just listen to the proposed laws coming out of DC where the gun grabbing Democrats have a monopoly. Here in NYS, we already got a taste of one (wrong) party rule. I want a lifetime supply of everything I need to feed all my guns.

Boolit Master
    There are still sellers selling at the "before" prices. Limited quantities, sure, but I'll pick up a few hundred here and there to make sure I don't run out until we find out what the new "normal" price is. I know of a couple sellers who gave me their word that as long as their price doesn't change, my price doesn't change.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I'm looking at these ads on Gunbroker an eBay showing shipping at $8 to $10. What are they doing about hazmat?

Banned

comical thing was last week the local yoko outdoors show up here on tv had an episode on handloading. they had some yuppy with a shiny like new rockchucker and everything he had looked like it might have loaded 10 rounds. He sure thought he was an expert though. But who the heck could start loading today anyway. One things for sure a year from now your press and gear will still look like his. Even starting casting would be an exercise in futility today.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by high standard 40 View Post
    I'm looking at these ads on Gunbroker an eBay showing shipping at $8 to $10. What are they doing about hazmat?
    I’m pretty sure these are private sellers and they are not following the hazmat shipping regs.

Boolit Master
    I could not imagine trying to get everything needed to reload today, sure would need deep pockets full of cash. think ill take a look at powder online and see what's happening just for fun.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind06 View Post
    I’m pretty sure these are private sellers and they are not following the hazmat shipping regs.
    That better hope they don't get caught.

Boolit Master
    I $130 for a pound of unique. anyone? auction hasn't ended yet.
    lol, lol, lol
    ad seems a bit fishy though, says flat rate shipping is $20, no mention of hazmat fee,
    wonder how many of these sellers are gonna get caught sending hazmat without proper hazmat shipping.

Boolit Master

I'm wondering how people are shipping this stuff. All of these items are available for shipment and I haven't seen a local pick-up only option.

Boolit Master
    I stopped looking online when powder valley ran out and everything was backorder only. Since them it's been local shops only. There are a few around Dallas that get components at a slow trickle, and we go out east fairly regularly, so there are a bunch of small shops around that still have stuff on their shelves. Maybe not anymore, but a couple months ago I found a shop just west of Canton that had plenty of powder on the shelves. We're heading back out east next weekend, I'll add an hour or two onto my drive to check in with the shops out there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    MIght check out Midsouth for powder

Boolit Master
    just checked Midsouth , zip, zero, nada, nothing not even black powder, but they got 9mm 124 gr bullets and ar lower kits, and one reloading press, that is if you get the RCBS explorer kit..
    I just gotta laugh, I saw this coming at least a year and half ago, and the guy behind the counter at Walmart always looked at me like I was crazy every time I bought a bunch of 22's and I would tell him he might do the same if he likes to shoot because there's an election coming up.,

Boolit Master

I've got about 8 cans of Goex FFFG( I think) black powder left over from when I shot in BPCR matches. It was hard to find back then, about ten years ago.

I figured it might be worth something these days, but alas, it is still available online and for $25 a can or so. Guess I will just hang on to it since I still have a rifle that I can use it in.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I’m thinking about how to reach out to gunbroker and ask them to help regulate the sale of hazmat items. Even if there is no disaster, sure enough the news will eventually pick up on it and I doubt that headlines about illegal shipping of explosives (they’ll be even more dramatic) putting people and planes at risk will be good for the hobby long term.

I’m torn, free people doing free stuff vs enforce a few rules...how far down the slope are we going?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast