Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage .22lr @100yd

Vintage .22lr @100yd

Just a little plinking video I put together while having some fun with my 521-T

The ground is green!
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    GREAT! JUST GREAT! Now I need to get me a REM 521. I wish you folks would stop doing this to me. Every time I think I've got the last 22 I'm going to buy for a while, someone comes along proves me wrong again.
    Anyone have a nice 521 they need to get rid of?
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    Good shooting - especially with iron sights. I couldn't even see the target at 100 yds without a scope! You're proving a point I often make, it can be a LOT of fun shooting long range - and 100 yds is long range for a 22 LR.... at least for me it is.

You did good on the video also.

Boolit Master
    I used to shoot my 512 at 100 yds. Tin cans were no challenge, so I turned them so the round side faced to the front. A 22lr is supposed to drop 4" at 100 yds, so it was not really difficult then, but I had excellent eyesight as a 17 yrs old.

After posting, I realized that at the time, I did have a v22 scope mounted on the 512. that's where I got the info for the 4" drop at 100 yds. Sorry for the confusion. Ya tend to forget some details when telling things that happened some 50 yrs ago.
    Last edited by CastingFool; 02-21-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Boolit Master

Nice shooting and nice rifle. Thanks for sharing.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    Oh to have young eyes again. I bet that rifle would nail 2'' disc at that range if you do your part. I remember what I could do as a young man and do envy you young shooters. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master

Love it! Once you dialed it in, you were steady on target. great job.
    Ed

Boolit Master

Nicely done sir.
    Impressive!! Just picked a 521 a couple weeks ago. What an enjoyable rifle!
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Bub
    Watching that video makes me want to finally break out the 521 I bought at the CMP several years ago. Nice shooting.

Boolit Buddy

Nice video. I'm like the other less younger shooters here, have to use a scope to see a 4" target at 100 yds these days.

Boolit Master

Our club is having it's first Precision Rimfire match Saturday . .22's on steel from 25 to 300 yards . Oughta be a hoot to watch !

Boolit Master
    I'm pretty sure I couldn't see a pop can end at 100 yds let alone hit it with my 72 year old eyes. Enjoy it while you can.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    Our club is having it's first Precision Rimfire match Saturday . .22's on steel from 25 to 300 yards . Oughta be a hoot to watch !
    This sounds like fun.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    They have those at my club, it's an equipment race, $2000 scopes on $2000 rifles.

Wolfdog91,

I sure wish we were neighbors buddy. I've watched several of your videos and they always leave me with a smile. I ain't no pup anymore, to see a young man such as yourself putting in what it takes to learn, sure makes a lot of us older guys feel good. Those wind flags you had up? I had to laugh about an old memory. I'd taken a fellow to the local range to shoot some .22's. I was setting up and set out some wind flags. He asked what those are about? I told him, you'll see. He was a fair shot, but had no idea just how much wind could influence a .22 round even at 50 yards. I asked him not to shoot until I said go for it. I watched the flags and when things were right, he'd send one. We had a few winds that day, not really bad, but enough to teach him something. We chewed the fat a bit, and when I noticed the wind had picked up I told him let's ago again. I waited for the flags and when conditions were right, told him to fire. His next 5 shots were so far out from what he'd shot earlier, he questioned the gun and scope. When the wind died down, we went back to it. To say he was shocked is an understatement.

I'm like one of the other fellows above, I don't think I need another .22 But you sure got me wanting one...a Remington 521.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by recumbent View Post
    They have those at my club, it's an equipment race, $2000 scopes on $2000 rifles.
    Not so much here - one shooter had high end , but even let the 10/22 guys in. Does require a good scope though . Even the high end guys are limited in ammo availability now, but at least they're shooting something !

Fun video to watch. Takes me back to the late 50s, when I shot the small-bore prone Dewar match at 50 and 100 yards with my Winchester 52D match rifle. The rifle had Redfield receiver sights. Thanks for posting the great video. windage and elevation.....windage and elevation
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy
    Have a couple of 513’s that can do that. Buckets of giggles.

Boolit Master
    my bsa international martini does it for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast