Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: Has anyone sold on gun broker

Has anyone sold on gun broker

I have some items that are bringing stupid prices on gunbroker.

What I am asking is if anyone has sold items at the current market prices and had any issues with getting payment or requesting returns?

Gsdelong

Boolit Grand Master

Haven't sold recently but i did sell during one of the last panics and had zero issues with GunBroker. The PO did lose a MO.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    I have sold a couple things. Wish I could ship Primers. I would let a few go for the.prices they are paying....

Boolit Master
    I been selling off components recently. Mail is slow, both ways so this needs to be taken into consideration. Best thing to do is under rate the condition of the item so the buyer will be happy. For components I specify they are "as is" and not returnable.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Grand Master
    Had a Marlin for sale. Buyer never paid for it. GB charged my CC for the fees. I disputed that with them, but they have been silent.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have sold many items and had very few issues. Look at the buyers ratings for purchased items...not sold items...and you should be good.
    Don Verna

What payments are you accepting? Thank you for the replies

Boolit Master
    Personal check or MO. I prefer checks.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    USPS M.O only. If they want it bad enough they will send it. Cash is in hand before firearm ships. Sure, some will say this limits your market but there are several hundred million people that have access to Gunbroker. Local shop offered to consign a rifle for $900. Sold on Gunbroker for $1200 in four days - 'nuff said.

Now shipping through USPS was another matter - nothing to do with Gunbroker or buyer though.

Boolit Grand Master
    Not for a long, long, long time.
    They have change a bunch from when they first started.
    Used to buy/sell on Auction Arms.
    They were much better than GunBroker.

Pictures, pictures, and more pictures of the item seem to go a long ways in helping with a sale. In regards to forms of payment, that is up to you. If I specify U.S. Postal Money Order, then that's the deal...period.

Feedback is a good indicator of the person you're dealing with as well. While I haven't sold on Gunbroker in several years, I wouldn't hesitate to if I felt inclined to. I never once, had anyone request to return anything I sold, nor received bad feedback. And lastly, if someone has a few bad feedbacks, but has done 100's of transactions...I'm skeptical of the person who left the bad feedback and not the seller. One thing I am leery of, is a seller with bad, shaky cell phone photos showing their item, yet they have other items up...and they look like glamour shots. Hummmmmm.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    I have sold a couple of firearms, not lately though. I've bought a few too. Never a problem. Most sellers require a US postal money order.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I just sold a 22 cal muzzle loader on there. GB charged the buyer tax so I ended up with $441 with the $30 I charged for shipping and tax. It cost $14.98 for next day FedEx shipping. I sold the gun for $385 so I’m guessing around $35, give or take, is what GB will end up charging me for the sale. No FFL to mess with because it was a muzzle loader. The buyer was given my cell number. He called me immediately and payed me through PayPal while we shooting the breeze. I think I’m going to throw on a few more guns starting with the 1941 lee enfield sporter I just refinished last year. I saw a couple of these go for ridiculous money in the past week.