Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I tried it......not for me

Boolit Master

Fellow member here did an excellent video of his LM loading 100 rounds in 4 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9pjmuHAkBU

The one I had simply would not function properly for more than 50 to 100 rounds before there was a failure of some sort.
    I don't want to purchase a machine I have to constantly tweak to operate.
    I am now using a Lee Classic Cast turret and it has been flawless for years and thousands of rounds.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    The one I had simply would not function properly for more than 50 to 100 rounds before there was a failure of some sort.
    I don't want to purchase a machine I have to constantly tweak to operate.
    I am now using a Lee Classic Cast turret and it has been flawless for years and thousands of rounds.
    The LCT is my favorite press . The ABLP is as trouble free without the case feeder, the feeder is a little picky but it still gives a loaded round each stroke . ABLP uses the same index system and priming system as the LCT I consider them both to be great buys.

Boolit Master

I kicked idea back and fourth over and over. I decided against going progressive. Reason why. Is because i load a lot of hand gun calibers. And i already have the tool heads for my turret press. Be sides loading is not a race.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    I kicked idea back and fourth over and over. I decided against going progressive. Reason why. Is because i load a lot of hand gun calibers. And i already have the tool heads for my turret press. Be sides loading is not a race.
    I don't blame you , I do like the ABLP but I wish it used the turret heads off the LCT .

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    You need more primers in the feeder than you will use . If yo want to load 50 put 60 in the feeder the weight of the primers pushes them down the slope so you need extras in it for it to feed . As soon as the tray is empty refill it .
    I think you hit the nail on the head buddy! I’m gonna try that and see how it goes. don’t wanna give up on it primary cuz I have so little invested in it($130) and it practically brand new.
    In Christ,

JC

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I am not a Lee lover, but the Loadmaster can be tweaked to work. I nearly bought one to prove a point but realized that was dumb....I had four Dillon’s at the time.

BTW, you can sell on eBay and get more than it is worth.
    The one I had was a basket case, given to me. Turned out to be the fastest loadmaster I have ever seen.

If you want to get the most for one, right now or the next panic would be the time. They are not highly sought after.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    The one I had was a basket case, given to me. Turned out to be the fastest loadmaster I have ever seen.

If you want to get the most for one, right now or the next panic would be the time. They are not highly sought after.
    This is what I was planning, but I figured I better have it working right and did some adjustments. Now it’s running so smooth I decided to keep it. Go figure.

Well, once you get one running smoothly, it’s not likely by luck, so you should be pretty good at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    This is what I was planning, but I figured I better have it working right and did some adjustments. Now it’s running so smooth I decided to keep it. Go figure.
    Told you so. Most people that get frustrated with them "not working" don't have them set up right. Full primer pocket prep and proper adjustment is all they usually need.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    The Loadmaster is almost as bad as the Pro 1000
    yup id say you should have had a v8 (550 dillon) Dont feel bad back when i decided single stage wasnt fast enough anymore i had the same waste of money lesson but was even worse because at the same time i ordered a pro master and and pro 1000. Gave the promaster away and the pro 1000 is at the bottom of my pond out back where it does the best work its ever done RUSTING.

If your stuck with a LM and are not trying to retire off the sale shoot me what you have with a price and I might ease your burden

A friend and I both got load masters way back, he wound up crushing his with a sledge hammer, I sold mine to a guy I knew warning him of the pitfalls he bought it (cheap) anyway. He never mentioned it again
    Regards,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood63 View Post
    If your stuck with a LM and are not trying to retire off the sale shoot me what you have with a price and I might ease your burden
    I have about $140 invested in it to load 9mm 38/357 and firty5. I’m gonna give it a second and possibly a third chance before i consider getting rid of it.
    In Christ,

JC

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzzler View Post
    Adjust it 100% per instructions and be spot on with case prep and it will run perfectly in almost all cases.
    This...

Boolit Master
    There is a guy on youtube,Gunblue490, very savvy. Goes through the how to maintain and keep it running smooth. Worth watching if you are having trouble.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Master
    The priming system is fragile and you do have to fiddle with them to get it working. My primer punch liked to hang up. Up just enough to flip the occasional primer. You can feel it when they're not seating right and pull that case at the powder station. I have to push up on the primer seat lever to get the punch to drop down. Primer trough, as noted, has to be full. As soon as I see air in the upper slot, I stop or refill. I also took out the indexer bar and manually advance. All my match pistol ammo comes off this machine. I also have a 550 and 2 Star loaders so that says something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12