RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: updated avatar

updated avatar

New photo (avatar) of my lab Gunner he turns 12 years in march, slowing down but he is still going. Yes he is my baby.

Moderator Emeritus

Good for you. Mine will always be my lil puppy. 3 1/2 now and over 150 lbs. Still thinks he is a lap dog.

Banned

mine will be the best dammed dog i ever had. the pup in my avatar. Choc lab named Elmer Keith. he rests in a box in the living room waiting till im called up. My ***** will go in with his when there burried. He was a special soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    mine will be the best dammed dog i ever had. the pup in my avatar. Choc lab named Elmer Keith. he rests in a box in the living room waiting till im called up. My ***** will go in with his when there burried. He was a special soul.
    I my heart is with you. I have told my wife the same, my baby is to be with me when my time comes.
    He went down yesterday in the snow and scared be to death. His back legs give out on him. Today he is up and going, lots of prayers went up yesterday. When the time comes my heart will break, till then he will get loved with all I can give him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brstevns View Post
    I my heart is with you. I have told my wife the same, my baby is to be with me when my time comes.
    He went down yesterday in the snow and scared be to death. His back legs give out on him. Today he is up and going, lots of prayers went up yesterday. When the time comes my heart will break, till then he will get loved with all I can give him.
    I will pray for him too and a dog guy like you is welcome at my house ANY time.

Thank You, every prayer helps. Today he is doing a lot better.

Gunner went to heaven today. My heart is breaking.

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear it. My condolences.

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear that. It's always tough to lose a pet.

I feel so empty and drained of life. I know I will see him again, he will be waiting for me. Being 70 it seems as if things like this just hit a lot harder to one's soul

I am so sorry to read about your loss, br. You're about 70, and I'm about 80. I'd offer the opinion that as we grow older we become more tender hearted. Not sissified. We've just seen more of life than others have and value it. As we realize that if we climbed up on a stump and squinted we might see the end of our trail, every day, week, and month becomes valuable and irreplaceable. When you're a youngster you feel immortal, and the end is so far away that it's of no worry at all. Along the way we encounter these special friends like Gunner, and when they leave, they leave an absence in our lives and a hole in our heart. The good thing is that we did know them, and they remain in our memory. I've had a couple of them....

DG

Moderator Emeritus

Wow. So sorry to hear. I will be near the same age when mine will pass, God willing he lasts that long. We have discussed whether I could care for another as I just don't know. I certainly could not care for one as large but just the reality that I do not want my dog out living me and become a burden to someone else instead of a joy. I am really sorry.
    Ron

Here is a good picture of Gunner the morning I had to take him to the vet. You would never think anything was wrong, he never complained.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Moderator Emeritus

He looks like he was a good boy and content. You can't ask for much more than that.

Moderator Emeritus

I am so sorry for your loss.....our dogs, like Gunner, are family. They love you unconditionally and live to please.....I cant imagine a day without a dog.....Once again, I am terribly sorry for the loss of Gunner!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

RIP Gunner.
    Charter Member #148

Here's a little thing that I wrote - with tears in my eyes when my last dog (also named Gunner) crossed over. I hope that your sadness will be bearable, and that your happy memories will soon replace it.

Our Best Buddies

These "best friends" of ours, seem to latch onto a little piece of our soul. You could say that they steal it, but we gladly give it up to them. They share it, and even grow it when they are here with us. And when they leave, they take it with them; and we have to learn to live without it, and them. For quite awhile it hurts about like losing an arm or a leg, and maybe that piece of soul never comes back.

I think I might have another little piece of soul to give up to another friend, but that last piece I lost still hasn't healed over yet.

jd Scholer

Attachment 279569

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    It's always rough to lose a good furkid, sorry for your loss. He knew you loved him, that part can never change, nor can his loving you back change.

Thanks Guys. I loved him so much!!!!!