Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best boolit shape for reliable feeding in 9mm,10mm and 45acp

Boolit Buddy
    Springfield xdm 4.5 10mm
    Springfield hellcat 9mm
    Soon a walther PDP 9mm
    Springfield xdm 45 tactical

Boolit Master
    Nice selection !
    I won't be much help
    In 9mm this is a .356 or .357 RN that has a small shoulder where the ogive starts this has worked well in at least 10 different 9mms including a 9mm SA XDS
    The 40 S&W is a .401 180 TC it works in my 2 SA XDMs a 3.8 & 5.25
    The 45 is a .452 200 RNFP it has worked in at least 10 different 45s , a SA XDE and a XDS
    I wish I had some of the same Pistols you have but these 3 styles work in all the springfields I have tried them in.
    Hopefully some guys will be along that load for your exact pistols with bullet weights and styles that will work for you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A682B54A-C1E1-4C52-8346-B0565EA68511.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	278116

Quote Originally Posted by phil3333 View Post
    Springfield xdm 4.5 10mm
    Springfield hellcat 9mm
    Soon a walther PDP 9mm
    Springfield xdm 45 tactical
    I have a Springfield XDm target version. The only differences are the length of the barrel and the sights. Mine feeds any cast boolit nose shape as long as it is sized .452 or under. Tight chamber.

Boolit Man
    I bought the same mould from NOE and I love it!! A friend of mine has a Hellcat and I have to say it is a hand full with heavy loads. I have an XD9 Sub Compact that loves those boolits as well as my Beretta FS 92. They are accurate and shoot great from the six 9mm that I have tried them in. I decided to try that mould because Ken Hackathorn recommended a 135 gr round for 9 mm. I have learned that anytime Ken Hackathorn or Bill Wilson give their advice I should listen. I am very pleased so far.

Round nose for universally best feeding, even a finicky Eastern European surplus type pistol should swallow them.

Although I myself have never had a pistol that had a problem taking the Truncated Cone shape nose. The Lee 452-230-TC is my favorite in a .45acp
    Airplanes and guns should always be made out of metal.

Boolit Master

40 S&W M&P of mine does not like round nose at all , wfn it feeds fine , tried different seating depths and it has a range it likes but not the round nose , My XDM 45 acp both feed my cast and coated no sizing needed , same with my mod2 Springfields , loading round nose 200grain hollow points and lee 230 grain , same with wadcutter molds , I like to experiment and have a assortment of different shapes and hollow point and solids .

MP 357-125 hollow point shoots the best for me across all the different 9mm platforms , have a NOE that is almost identical and it shoots great also .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12