Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To our Northern Members

Let us know if you want us to send down some salt too so your cars can rust out, get the full effect.

Boolit Master
    I can't complain. The coldest it's got this winter is about 16/18 below and so far the snow has never got more than 3 or 4" deep. I haven't even put the plow on the truck this year. I lived in Nome Ak for 6 years and it was normal to get about 35 below for a month or so. Then we moved to Anchorage for 28 years where it rarely got below 25 below. 5 years ago we moved to Mt. for the balmy weather. It rarely gets below 15 below. But it rarely gets over 100 and that doesn't last for more than a few days. I don't plan on changing my address again.

Wierd thing is I've noticed global warming every summer and global cooling every winter. Strange stuff this climate change.

Banned

ya but all the tourists are gone!!!! Personaly id take the cold over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    ya but all the tourists are gone!!!! Personaly id take the cold over them.
    I do also you can tell when they show up here also .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    I didn’t know that Texas is using wind farms for green energy. Their all frozen up, and not working. People are dying. The governor recently accepted a reward from the green promoter. A total disaster.

Zingger you get back over this way give me a yell.

All cast boolit brothers are welcome to stop by for coffee or perhaps something stronger.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I didn’t know that Texas is using wind farms for green energy. Their all frozen up, and not working. People are dying. The governor recently accepted a reward from the green promoter. A total disaster.
    yup green and white dont seem to mix. Youd think with there global warming bs this kind of thing would never happen. Believing like those idiots there should be a better chance of me getting sunburned in February then texans getting burried in snow. If global warming is real we sure havent seen it up here this year. Over the last month a guy about wonders if the ice age isnt comming back.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    To our Northern Members:
    Come get your -2degree temperature and blowing white stuff. We're not built for it, we don't want it. Have a nice day!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

I was wondering where that went?
    You can ship it back via USPS flat rate box, I can paypal you the fees

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned

heck go buy yourself a snowmobile and have some fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    <snip> If global warming is real we sure havent seen it up here this year. Over the last month a guy about wonders if the ice age isnt comming back.
    Remember when nobama was in England for a global warming summit and they were having an incredible snowstorm? GOD has a great sense of humor. But it was lost on most people. I think that was the same year that scientists were in the arctic studying the thinning ice sheet. They got stuck in ice and had to be rescued. Yup, the ALMIGHTY has a great sense of humor.

OK, now a little history. Back in the 60s scientists were claiming that we were headed into another ice age. The climate is always changing and is cyclical. We've had ice ages before, they melt and we have an interglacial period, which we're in right now. But back in the 60s we were headed into an ice age. Then "global warming" happened and the ice age stopped and if the scientists can be believed we're warming up. Can't have that! Mankind was about to be decimated. So "they" want to stop global warming so that we can get destroyed. That may not make sense until one looks at the left and the source of all this crap. Their god (note the lowercase) satan hates mankind and has been trying to destroy us for thousands of years. he was about to get his wish and then global warming happened, if it actually happened. So now there needs to be a correction to get back to the multi mile thick ice sheets.

But global warming... not a believer. When someone comes up with that garbage explain to them about the interglacial period and we're in one right now. There are no records of temperatures during one. So ask them what the correct temperature is for this time in our present interglacial period. All they can tell you is that they think the temp' is changing and that there are all sorts of dire consequences that aren't showing up yet. They'll present it as fact, but they're lying. The weather is changing but GOD has everything under control.

OK, todays weather... As I write we're getting the storm, but not the ultra low temps. It's in the 20s, we had very little snow during the night and it's been sleeting very hard for the past few hours. So it's warm and raining up top and cold down here and the rain is freezing before it hits the ground. I'm hoping the mail comes up the hill because I'm waiting on a NOE mold. I can drive in the snow, and in fact I enjoy driving in the snow. But even when I was working if conditions were too bad I'd stay home. The downside to an accident can be huge, the upside not so much, just a days pay. If you don't know how to drive in snow and ice and especially aren't set up for it just stay home. That's what I'm doing today and we're definitely ready for it. I probably won't even plow it off the driveway until tomorrow. Take a day off and do something inside.

Hi Tex, you got it figured out if you are wearing the Carhartt coveralls. I'm sure they have overshoes in Texas, a pair of them over your boots is the cheapest path to warm toes. If it gets really cold, find a pair of wool socks big enough to go over your cowboy boots and get a pair of insulated overshoes big enough to go over that combo. A cowboy hat will keep your head warm to at least -10 along with a double wrapped bandana around your neck. A pair of Giant sized Handy Andy gloves with a pair of G.I. wool glove liners inside. You can get a lot of work done with that wardrobe. When you're old, you can tell the grandkids you remember back when it was colder than a brass toilet on the north slope of an iceberg.

Boolit Master

Br'rrrrrrrr this still cold down here. I'm not prepared for this kinda weather here. I left the cold many years ago but we were prepared for it then. Look at the the bright side if we freeze to death We won't even know it.....
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Don't worry guys, they are redirecting some of our power down south, but it might not make it past Iowa. A nearby town just had a rolling blackout for about an hour or so, but is online now. Hope they ain't planning to close some more coal plants, or we'll all be heating our houses with corn cobs and cow chips, like our grandparents had to!

Boolit Master

No power for 24 hours, then got 2 hours this morning - enough to heat the house by 3 degrees (currently 7F outside, 41F indoors). It's been off the last 2 hours again, so I'm a little cross at the Leftie loonies who put us through this.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Gents, just a word of warning. We get some who do this every year. If you have a generator don't run it indoors thinking you can reclaim the heat. What you will do is reclaim the carbon monoxide. We have people, generally older folks, who commit unwitting suicide by this method every time we have an outage during the winter.

I feel sorry for you folks. We're ready for it, you aren't.

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Master

Amarillo Texas
    MINUS 10 degrees yesterday morning
    BRRRR
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

The rolling blackouts turned out to be total failures of some third party power generation stations that apparently were not designed to be operated in weather below freezing. We were without power for about 24 hours. It really surprised me that it was restored at 2:30 AM. We are fortunate to have a fireplace with natural gas logs. I love a wood fire but when you’re just trying to stay warm it’s nice to not have to dink with the fire.

When the roads dried up enough to get out I found gas for the generator. I drove miles through the suburbs before seeing any place that had power. The few fast food restaurants that were open had lines going back up the streets because people couldn’t cook. Living in an area subject to hurricanes, I keep a box of emergency lighting and cooking supplies that includes a one mantle propane lantern, a one burner propane stove and a few one pound bottles of propane. They came in very handy for this winter storm. Sure wish I could remember what I did with the oil for the traditional oil lamps, though.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Moderator Emeritus

Be careful folks. Cold is nothing to mess with. Had a place on Pine Island in Fl, right above Sanibel Island. So cold one January the canals actually froze somewhat and killed a lot of fish. Never thought it got that cold there. I had my winter clothes wore down there but my neighbors were wearing everything they owned. I was working on the house in a T shirt as I had installed two mini splits with heat. Good luck.

Boolit Master

I 'd almost welcome a good warm hurricane about now.I've got food and water if it doesn't all freeze.We got cold enough to freeze can goods in the house last night. First time Hot water lines has frozen.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast