Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To our Northern Members

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by jim147 View Post
    The sun just came out. It's still snowing but we are up to zero.
    Isn't the famous weather quote for MO if you don't like the weather now, just wait 5 minutes?

Banned

I love the snow too, and I can deal with temps below zero with no problem. I hade two funny events in winter. The first was in Colorado Springs when I was stationed at Ft. Carson, it snowed one inch and they closed the post. Nobody coming in, but we could leave which is exactly what we did. The second was in Atlanta, GA in 1983, it snowed right before Christmas and my little sister came to wake me up to see it. I think my response when she said "it's snowing" was "so what?"
    The worst winter I had was oil rigging in Oklahoma, I was the floor hand and had to watch the derrick hand for my que with ice falling into my eyes. Couldn't wear safety glasses cause they were frozen over. HAHA good times.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Cold is when the 80 proof bottle of whisky in your parka pocket starts getting ice crystals in it. The next week it got really cold and the whisky was freezing solid. That was about 60 miles outside of Nome on a moose hunt. Spent about a week in a shelter cabin with no heat. There's not much wood in that area.
    One of my grandfather's buddies taught me this when I may have been just a tish young. If the whiskey looks thick - warm it up before you take your sip. Sage advice

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Uh, that would be "Northerners, you will need a light coat".............

Boolit Grand Master

Cold doesn't start till you have to keep the perch eyes in your bottom lip to stop them from freezing so you can bait your hook with them when ice fishing
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Holy Cow, you guys have it COLD! 73 here today.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Banned
    In Wisconsin in the winter (-22° F last night) everyone speaks English. Wonder why.
    I LOVE the cold weather...I mean -40°. Freezes out the global warming crowd. "Hey Algore" No more snow in the contiguous 48 states after 2013? Just think if Al would have had Dominion on his side he would have been president. Think about that one for a while!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Cold doesn't start till you have to keep the perch eyes in your bottom lip to stop them from freezing so you can bait your hook with them when ice fishing
    We keep grub worms and red worms in the mouth...makes them wiggle more. Get's more fish.

Moderator Emeritus

I was on with my phone/internet provider Frontier today. Tech support supervisor could not access my billing or servers as they were in Texas. It appears the entire state is shut down because somebody found a snowflake and not the type on two legs.

Quote Originally Posted by jorg0370 View Post
    I promise to take your easy -2F weather now if you promise to take our 100F/90% humidity in July.

It's not cold until one can feel their nose hairs freeze whilst inhaling.
    Your July is called April here
    Is Snotcicles a word? God bless Mr Carhartt for coveralls.
    It's up to 7 with sunshine now- the illusion of warmth but the breeze reminds you of reality.
    You guys would be out playing in this, I know.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Weather man was just on next week it's going to be just around 36 all next week it'll be nice to do a little river fishing below the dam
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Grand Master

That is insane. -2 in Texas? I hope that is some kind of record. It was -27 F today here in central MN, but that is normal weather for this time of year. The crazy part for us is it has been this cold for over 2 weeks straight.

Our record is -60 F set in Embarrass, MN. No I did not make the name up.

Boolit Master

I ain't going eniwhares, I am having to much fun with my snow blower. Growing up in the 40's and the 50's in Wisconsin we din't have anything like a snow blower. To us a snow blower was when the snow coming off your snow shovel is blowed right back in your face. And we, of course, had to wrap bobwire around our bare feet to get to school and back home. Got to go, the wife is starting the snow blower after I told her to gas it up.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Come get your -2degree temperature and blowing white stuff. We're not built for it, we don't want it. Have a nice day!

The low this morning at my place in far Northern Maine was a balmy +3 degrees. The hard water fishing was excellent! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210215_102049 (2).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	277765
    Maineboy

Banned

Calling for -15 here tonight. Was -11 this morning. Fortunately, tomorrow is the end of the cold snap, supposed to hit the low 20s on Wednesday which will feel down right hot by then.

Showing -3 f here so feel free to ship me warmer air.

Now next week we are expected to get above freezing. That will be a nice change from the -35 wind chills the last 2 weeks.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Buddy
    GhostHawk- We just got back to the "banana belt" of ND- that would be west and south of the river. It actually got above the "0" mark today! Was in your neck of the woods for the weekend.

I tried to pick it up, but could not find it because it was dark everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Come get your -2degree temperature and blowing white stuff. We're not built for it, we don't want it. Have a nice day!

NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Grand Master
    I was surprised we got a few inches of snow with the temps hovering around zero. If it was twenty degrees warmer we would have gotten a couple of feet of the white stuff.

Robert

Let your faucets run a little bit. It will help keep them from freezing up.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast