RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Picture of that single shot you just bought.

Quote Originally Posted by single shot jimmy View Post
    Bought this Ruger No. 3 in 45-70 last year. I'm tempted to rebarrel it to 30-40 krag or trade for one.
    I had one as well. They kick hard! Because they are so light. I put a .375 barrel on it - 27 inches long. Sent it to JD Jones to have it chambered to .375 JDJ. The long barrel adds weight and makes it about as long as a bolt rifle with a 22" barrel. My testing with 250 Sierras got to 2650 fps. Have been working up cast boolit loads for it recently. Aiming for 250 gr. at 2,000 fps.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishoot View Post
    Just tore down this rifle. Plan to colorcase the receiver and reface the breechblock. Just received a .44 barrel from green mountain to mount on it. Plan to make it a 44 Special or maybe 444 Marlin...
    I'd like to see you start a thread on that project. Complete with lots of pictures of course.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    @ MOA. Initially my loads will be a powdered coated 240 gr. boolit over 11.1 gr. HS-6. It's a load that works well in 7.5" SBH. Tried a few before I got the scope mounted and they do about 1500 fps. I've got some WW296 but no 240 grain XTP's which have always been good at full power in various 44's. I did load a few of my PC boolits over 21 grains of 296 and they did 1730 fps. without leading. Maybe I will load some of those for my Saturday range trip. My alloy is about 15bhn.
    Well sounds like it's working ok Charlie. I'm a little suprised at 15bhn but the PC seems to be working too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    OK, here it is, a 10x25mm Rimmed Infamous Bunny Gun by John Taylor:

Attachment 278822Attachment 278823Attachment 278824
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Nice bunny gun Outpost75.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master

Ruger #1-S .338 Win. Mag.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	338 1 a.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	278826
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    There are some very fortunate people out there.

Boolit Man
    Just got this Remington H&R Handi last weekend. Very late in production, which could be a problem, but the rifle looks right, locks up tight as a vault. And I got it cheap!!
    Still working on sights, this rifle was sent out drilled and tapped, but without sights.
    Interesting anomaly, all the holes in the barrel for sights are the correct 6-48 except the hole for the front sight which is threaded, but so tiny it is about the diameter of a toothpick!
    I suspect since this gun is late production that got past QC. Or...they just didn't care.
    I have the correct rear sight, and when I decide what front sight to use it will be a simple matter of drilling and tapping.
    The little banger will go well with my trapdoor sporter and my rolling block business rifle. I like 30gr. of 3031 and a 400 gr. cast bullet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002 (19).jpg   003.jpg   004.jpg  
    Pay no attention to the mess in my shop. My best work comes from chaos!

Nice handi rifle Mike. By the looks of your brass and the mention of it's companion long arms the chambering is 45-70 too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Well sounds like it's working ok Charlie. I'm a little suprised at 15bhn but the PC seems to be working too.
    I was going by memory on that HS - 6 load. 11.5 is what I have been using. Yes, the PC works great. Shot the same boolit over 23 grains of W 296 with no leading and great accuracy out of my SBH yesterday. Going to try some just off max loads in the Henry next time out. Also some 265 and 300 grain j words.

Longer barrel, PC should still work fine. What PC is on them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Debating another single shot right now, but not sure if I want or need it? It's an old friend's Winchester 1885 early flat spring in .219 Wasp, with a 20x Super Targetspot. He said he has 10-12 boxes of ammo, dies, bullets, and wants what he paid for it years ago. The gun is great, and the price is too. But I'm pretty much a Ballard and Remington single shot guy, and I know I'll likely be over it quickly, and want something I am into more.
    Just need to decide if it's worth playing with for awhile, and then maybe pass it along to somebody who likes High Walls more than me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Longer barrel, PC should still work fine. What PC is on them?
    Eastwood gloss black. Loaded some 210 boolits over 15 of HS 6. Velocity should be impressive.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinman93 View Post
    Debating another single shot right now, but not sure if I want or need it? It's an old friend's Winchester 1885 early flat spring in .219 Wasp, with a 20x Super Targetspot. He said he has 10-12 boxes of ammo, dies, bullets, and wants what he paid for it years ago. The gun is great, and the price is too. But I'm pretty much a Ballard and Remington single shot guy, and I know I'll likely be over it quickly, and want something I am into more.
    Just need to decide if it's worth playing with for awhile, and then maybe pass it along to somebody who likes High Walls more than me.
    I would probably have to play with it at least long enough to shoot up his ammo, if I trusted he reloads that is. A dozen boxes of ammo is about the time I have completely fallen out of love with something I wasn't certain about to begin with. Neat caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyReel View Post
    I would probably have to play with it at least long enough to shoot up his ammo, if I trusted he reloads that is. A dozen boxes of ammo is about the time I have completely fallen out of love with something I wasn't certain about to begin with. Neat caliber.
    I believe it's all factory ammo, not reloads. But haven't gotten together to see any of this stuff yet. I bought 7,000 L. Rifle and 4,000 L pistol primers from him last week, and while we were visiting he mentioned the High Wall and other stuff. He lives up in the sticks as a hermit, so we get together when he comes to town. So once he tells me when he's coming in again I'll see this stuff, and decide then.

Boolit Master
    Get it, Vall, play with it, and when you grow tired of it call me! I am eternally lustful for High Walls in .22 centerfire cartridges!

Boolit Master

Conrad Garbe

Pictures Of my Conrad Garbe single shot .
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Buddy
    Peabody Deluxe Sporting Rifle, .45 Sporting (.45-50 Peabody) Shooting will be occasional and casual. Peabody factory-made sporting rifles are among the absolute rarest of single shot sporting rifles from a major American manufacturer (At the time they were made, the Providence Tool Company had the largest arms factory in America)

Name:	canvas4.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	279280

Name:	canvas3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	279281

Name:	canvas7.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	279282
    John Wells in PA

Peabody's and Peabody-Martini's wanted
    Also shoot a 10-PDR Parrott Rifle in competition

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    OK, here it is, a 10x25mm Rimmed Infamous Bunny Gun by John Taylor:

Attachment 278822Attachment 278823Attachment 278824
    Outpost 75. That's really interesting to me. Is that built on an older Harrington and Richardson shotgun?

Boolit Master
    That Peabody Deluxe is a stunning rifle.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast