Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CB Radio

Boolit Man
    Darn you guys are making me feel old! I got my start when my Dad gave me an old Hallicrafters S38E that I listened to the world with, and my first amateur setup was a National HRO 50T1 ("Table Model") for RX and a Heathkit Marauder for TX. Also fiddled around with CB in my early teen years. Now I'm an extra with too much equipment and own a 2 meter repeater as well.

Whenever communications comes up in an emergency or disaster scenario, people seem to think they have a plug and play that works like a telephone, rather than it is a new tool they must first learn to use. For CB's I usually recommend the Midland or Cobra "Emergency" CB's, as they are made to be simple to use. If someone gets one and after a while decides it has shortcomings for them then they have an idea of what they want or need. Otherwise it is like trying to suggest a gun to someone who has never shot a firearm in their life and don't really have an idea of what they'll use it for. And that's my 2 cents on the topic.

Boolit Mold
    Getting a lisence for 2 meter isn't that hard to get and the range beats CB by a long margin. Sure you have to study a little bit but if I can do it so can anyone. Go ahead and become a "ham". There is a whole new world out there for you and a ton of new friends. Be warned, it is adictive.

Started out with a plug in crystal cb set. Civil Air Patrol ( I was one) used channel 10 crystals reversed for one of their channels back then. Still have 2 HR2510's and 2-40 channel walkie talkies that plug into the cigarette lighter for road trips and caravans. Even got one on the 2010 Ultra-Glide.

Guess I never grew up.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12