Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOE moulds message box full, common?

NOE moulds message box full, common?

I placed a backorder for a mould on Jan 13 and I see now there are 6 in stock. I tried to call inquiring if I somehow fell through the cracks but their phone message box is full. I did send an email and I'm waiting for a response but it's far too soon for one.

I did pay by paypal so getting my $ back doesn't concern me, is everything OK at NOE? Is a full message box normal?

Yes, I understand that the industry is insane right now. Is that all that I'm seeing?

Thanks

Banned
    Best bet is to keep calling Al at NOE 801-377-7289 He's working 7 days a week. E-mails won't work. he gets sooooooooo many asking about out of stock molds/items. when you get through on the phone Al will get thins straightened out.

did you get charged for the mold on Paypal? If not just order it again before it goes out of stock.

Yes, the paypal payment went through.

I'll keep trying the phone.

Boolit Master

Al is just SUPER BUSY!!!

You can go over and join his forum and read comments and understand.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Al was very pleasant over the phone. Looked up my order and stated, "Oh, we have plenty of those in stock. I'll look into it and you'll either get a call back from me or a tracking number from Pitney/Bowes. ". So I assume I did fall through the cracks, but it's being handled. As you stated C'22, I didn't want them to go out of stock again and be forced to wait another month or even longer. I want to start casting next month if the weather permits. I'm hoping for an early spring since I cast outdoors. I also have a lot of learning to do. I'm so new to this. But most everything I need is in hand now in this year of shortages.

CW, yup, he told me that he's pushing out 3x what he's done in the past. Super busy? I guess! But my order will get sorted out eventually now that he knows about it. It's not a big deal.
    Last edited by BJK; 02-10-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Super busy and Covid short handed , just keep trying to get in touch , he's a good guy and will take care of you . If all else fails there used to be a method of contacting some one where you wrote words on paper , put paper in envelope and sent it by this post man person try the letter thing at

NOE Bullet Moulds
    1030 S. 350 E.
    Provo , UT. 84606

Remember ... the squeaky wheel gets the grease ... Al might open a letter !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned
    you just opened a can ow worms for him (and rightly soo.) since your order fell through the cracks, what other orders are in the same position. ----- more research for his nerd/geek

Worked out for you like I knew it would after you talked with him

I just got a Pitney/Bowes email telling me that my mold shipped. Yeah, I fell through the cracks. Not a big deal for me, but others waiting on a mold might check their mold to see if they are actually in stock and if they were just forgotten somehow as I was. Again, I'm not pissed or anything, it's been straightened out and I'm really in no hurry for mine, but others may be. If I never would have checked mold inventory I never would have seen that 6 were in stock and available.

C'22, yeah he seems to be a decent gent. He obviously has LOTS going on but he straightened out my order. Heck, everyone I've rubbed elbows with even if only on the 'net involved in casting has been nothing but the finest kind and I don't care if they're from Slovenia, out west, or on this forum. It's a great community.

Guess some of y'all never ordered a holster from a high end maker? I almost choked when I ordered my first Milt Sparks holster over 15 years ago. The wait time was 14-16 weeks. It's higher than that now.

I too, am currently looking for a mold. Of course I would wait until the worse gun/reloading/casting...etc drought to hit in my lifetime to want it. I'm pretty good at finding things online buried deep in the web. Just takes a lot of time for some things. Would you believe I can't find a simple round ball .454 diameter mold anywhere out there? Yep, it's a little crazy right now. This too, shall pass.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Murphy, I'm no stranger to waiting. Pay for a tax stamp and then wait, and wait, and wait some more. Or order a rifle and wait 4 years. But when something was ordered while it was clearly on backorder and then it's off backorder with 6 on hand and the order hasn't been filled? That requires investigation. As I wrote, I wasn't hot about it, I figured my order fell through the cracks. But what I didn't want was for the mold to become backordered again so that I could wait some more. I didn't pay out >$100 just for the privilege of waiting. The goal was to obtain the mold.

Quote Originally Posted by BJK View Post
    Murphy, I'm no stranger to waiting. Pay for a tax stamp and then wait, and wait, and wait some more. Or order a rifle and wait 4 years. But when something was ordered while it was clearly on backorder and then it's off backorder with 6 on hand and the order hasn't been filled? That requires investigation. As I wrote, I wasn't hot about it, I figured my order fell through the cracks. But what I didn't want was for the mold to become backordered again so that I could wait some more. I didn't pay out >$100 just for the privilege of waiting. The goal was to obtain the mold.
    I understand. I placed an order with NOE for some expander's about a month ago. I didn't get any email notifications and got a little concerned. Finally, a Pitney Bowers notification came in a few days after the order. I think Al is just running full out and short handed. Wow, a four year wait on a rifle? You have the patience of JOB my friend. Hope your new mold gives you all you were hoping for and more.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

I've learned patience. Maybe it's old age, but I've found that life's too short too get all worked up over material things. Everything works out in the end and if I don't receive what I wanted it's probably for the best (I'll take refund). But sometimes that "take it easy" attitude works against me. But it's just not worth jacking the BP over, or I don't think it is.

On the rifle... It was a Desert Tech MDR. Finally the rifle shipped, but at the time I placed the order I was forced to order it not in my desired .300BLK but in .223 wylde. So I did so. So I had this rifle in the safe in a caliber I didn't need another of, and I'm waiting for the conversion barrel, and waiting, and waiting. Then I see that all sorts of retailers have the conversions in stock. I paid fully up front and others who didn't fully pay up front are selling conversions while I was forced to wait. So after waiting 5 years total and a few thousand dollars paid out I cancelled my order for the remaining conversion barrel. So the net result is I do have the rifle, in a caliber I never wanted but had to order it in (or the more expensive .308) and then convert it. I don't have my conversion so the rifle is a safe queen.

My solution as I was waiting for the my refund check (sent 3 months later and DT charged me for the check after using my $ interest free for 5 years!) was to build my own .300BLK AR handgun. I used top shelf components and it cost me more than the conversion would have. But the MDR is heavy enough to be an anchor. My handgun is shorter and lighter and works fine. After warm weather gets here I'll be able to dial in my loads. I've been waiting since November to do that. In fact that's what the mold is for. Can't buy bullets so I'll learn what I need to and make my own.

I might still be waiting for my conversion barrel if I had let the order for it stand. DT had no incentive to deliver anything since they'd been holding and using my $ for 5 years interest free. I have patience, but eventually that patience runs out as it did with DT and their slimey business practices. But the rifle is good even if a bit heavy. If DT had treated me fairly I wouldn't have this story to tell. But many people have their own Desert Tech stories. I wanted a convertible rifle and now I simply won't do any more business with DT.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Guess some of y'all never ordered a holster from a high end maker? I almost choked when I ordered my first Milt Sparks holster over 15 years ago. The wait time was 14-16 weeks. It's higher than that now.

I too, am currently looking for a mold. Of course I would wait until the worse gun/reloading/casting...etc drought to hit in my lifetime to want it. I'm pretty good at finding things online buried deep in the web. Just takes a lot of time for some things. Would you believe I can't find a simple round ball .454 diameter mold anywhere out there? Yep, it's a little crazy right now. This too, shall pass.

Murphy
    That's nothing compared to the wait list for many of the high end true custom 1911 'smiths. 5-10 years in many cases.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    I ordered and paid for a couple of moulds, set of handles and some mould lube, well over a month ago. All in-stock items. Still shows "in shipping." Emailed several days ago and got zero response.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    I ordered and paid for a couple of moulds, set of handles and some mould lube, well over a month ago. All in-stock items. Still shows "in shipping." Emailed several days ago and got zero response.
    And here I was, getting antsy. It's only been two weeks since I placed my order, which also was all in stock but has not shipped yet. The consolation is that his products are good enough to be worth the wait!
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

Boolit Grand Master

You guys should not ever order a custom made Randall Knife ...
    ... you need a lot of that Virtue they called Patience .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Gary
    True. But if you buy a knife from Randall, you know up front that they are typically not in stock, and that the wait runs years. I was not complaining about the service, just commiserating with someone with a similar experience, and that the wait would be worth it. I'm as patient as the next man, as long as the expectations are clear.

I've got a Star sizer with dies that I'll sell you for $75. You send me the money, Paypal F&F, and I'll send it to you, sometime. Just be patient!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Gary
    Big difference between ordering a custom item where you know going in that it will not even be started on until you order and pay for it, versus ordering an item that is purported to be in stock and ready to ship, and unable to even get a response when it still hasn't shipped a month and a half later.
    Banks don't have much patience either, when you ask to reverse a charge from a few months ago.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    Big difference between ordering a custom item where you know going in that it will not even be started on until you order and pay for it, versus ordering an item that is purported to be in stock and ready to ship, and unable to even get a response when it still hasn't shipped a month and a half later.
    Banks don't have much patience either, when you ask to reverse a charge from a few months ago.
    I understand your concern, but I'm sure you'll get your items and will be happy with them. I've ordered from NOE multiple times and always gotten my order, but it usually takes him just a few days to ship - never this long before. If you're like me, though, and was counting on having something you needed fairly quickly, it gets frustrating and leaves a bad taste in my mouth when shipping is delayed. And THEN you have to play hide-and-seek with USPS for days or weeks...

But I'm sure you will get your order. "Just be patient"
    Good luck!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodtroll View Post
    I understand your concern, but I'm sure you'll get your items and will be happy with them. I've ordered from NOE multiple times and always gotten my order, but it usually takes him just a few days to ship - never this long before. If you're like me, though, and was counting on having something you needed fairly quickly, it gets frustrating and leaves a bad taste in my mouth when shipping is delayed. And THEN you have to play hide-and-seek with USPS for days or weeks...

But I'm sure you will get your order. "Just be patient"
    Good luck!
    I've ordered from them multiple times too, and been happy with them. And I've been patient; I waited more than a month before even trying to make contact. Now it's been almost two months and I've tried two different email accounts and calling on the phone. No answer on the phone and no reply to my emails.
    I've actually received a marketing email from them since the one month point on this order, and I'm seeing reports from others receiving their orders quickly, as recently as two weeks ago.
    At this point I'm thinking about contacting my card company if I don't at least receive some kind of reply pretty soon. The order was well over $200, and if I wait 90 days before contacting the card company I may well just be out that money if my order never shows up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast