Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Tisas 1911

Boolit Master

Tisas 1911

I have been thinking of buying one. The LGS has a 45 Auto that is black with Ambi safety, upgraded beavertail grip safety, upgraded sights and light rail for 499 dollars new.
    Would I be going wrong by buying it?

They are excellent pistols for the $
    There is a lot of positive talk about them on the 1911Forum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    I have been thinking of buying one. The LGS has a 45 Auto that is black with Ambi safety, upgraded beavertail grip safety, upgraded sights and light rail for 499 dollars new.
    I really like mine, though it's a very basic model. I think you'll like it.

Bill

Boolit Master

I have the1911a1 Army model, and been flawless.I've put around 400 rounds through it without a hitch.
    I shoot all cast bullets through it. It doesn't see to mind which profile bullet I use, they feed and fire fine.
    I'm not to hep on the ambi safeties and such as I like the looks and feel the original 1911a.
    Leadhead

Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    If you watch the online sellers you can find the even more basic 19911A1 Tisas for $400. I'd buy more of them if they were in stock.

Hey.......it's a 1911, isn't it? How wrong can you go? Texas by God is also thinking about buying a Turk 1911. After you yield to temptation and buy it, be sure to post a photo on the Annual 1911 Thread, and give us a range report.

DG

Boolit Master

I’ve shot one, IMO they are probably the best 1911 out there For the price.
    I do have a Zigana Sport. Really happy with it. Pretty accurate. Good trigger, sights, good slide to frame fit. Some machining marks on internal surfaces but purely unseen cosmetic stuff. Several thousand rounds later the only thing I wish that mine had is the chrome slide instead of my all black pistol. They were only imported for a few years.

Boolit Master

Doggone it! Now I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for one of these. It doesn't have a fragile "firing pin safety" device to worry about breaking and not being able to get parts for. If something does break, looks like 1911 parts will be interchangeable. Looks like a dandy item to squirrel away, without fretting about having too much money tied up in it.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Picked up a Tisas 1911A1 in Parkerized green. All original; like the guys in WWII carried. Tiny sights, original safety, lanyard loop, arched mainspring housing.

Use it for Wild Bunch in Cowboy Action competition.

But it's a really nice gun. Perfect reliability so far. Takes all my other mags. Forged steel. Only plastic is the grip panels. Should last a lifetime or two.

Only nit: mag release spring is very strong.
    Last edited by Liberty1776; 07-08-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Boolit Master

I was impressed with my Tisas. It had a beautifully made barrel that looked as good as my Kimber barrel. It doesn't shoot as well as the Kimber but its less than half the price.

Boolit Master

My mag release was strong too. I cut a couple coils from the spring, and now you have a very nice
    mag drop.
    Denny

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Liberty1776, yep leadhead's solution works, you do want decent spring strength but not so much you need a hydraulic tool to release the mag Definitely leave enough that the mag doesn't drop unintentionally, that's a bad event.

Classic was offering the Commander size and it is tempting. I've never owned a 1911 that size.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk