Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners

Thread: Benjamin Trail NP .22

Benjamin Trail NP .22

Up front, I don't know much about pellet guns( I've always used a .22 on the farm). This one just was given to me. It's apparently a " nitro piston" rifle- the all weather one. The thing is heavy. I've had a box of .22 pellets in my gear since 19whatever- I finally get to use them......
    What can yall tell me about them? It has an airgun scope Centerpoint brand.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    The pellets have probably dried out and will need to be relubed with silicone oil. What power scope?
    My nitro piston like heavier pellets, shoots the exact jsb 18.13 grn real good.
    https://www.pyramydair.com/product/j...ed-250ct?p=691

Thanks for the link. It's a 3x9 scope with target turrets and parallax adjustment. I shot it last night at about 20 feet, just resting on table with no bags. It grouped nicely but the scope ran out of windage. So I need to see what's up there.
    The trigger pull has a half mile of take up- very strange.

Boolit Buddy
    Check to be sure the rings are seated good on the receiver. I assume you have the grooved receiver like mine. A very good quality ring that is not too expensive is BKL
    https://www.bkltech.com/Scope-Rings-and-Mounts-s/2.htm

My Benjamin "Nitro Piston" shoots the RWS Meisterkugeln best. It's a relatively light wadcutter. Next best were the heavier Crow Magnum pellets. It keeps the squirrels in check.
    If you get another scope or rather WHEN, be sure to get a magnum springer rated scope. Mine has destroyed two airgun rated scopes already.
    It now has the cheap 4x scope it came with on it and has fired more pellets without breakage than the first two combined. These are quite powerful for air guns and its adequately accurate for my needs but still bought a Benjamin 392 multipump. It'll never break a scope and
    I can pump it less for just fun shooting

Boolit Grand Master
    There are sampler packs to let you test various pellets
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I have the same setup. It shoots pretty good for the price. I found mine really cheap at a pawn shop. Had it a few years but don't shoot it much. I just prefer shooting with iron sights so I usually grab one of the RWS or Diana air rifles when I want to ventilate a grizzly soda can. I have a decent stack of air rifles and pistols. They can be a lot of fun.

Thank you all.
    As it weighs about 9 pounds, I'm sure it will be a backyard plinker for the most part. It seems to be accurate enough and it was thumping the steel plate with some force- probably akin to a .22 CB- just not as much bullet weight.

Boolit Master

Air guns can be a lot of fun. Great for on them bad weather days too. For some indoor play.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.