WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Ammo Vs Fortune Cookie 45LC

Joel Chavez, I'm with you mang!

Okay, before anyone gets their feathers ruffled. I understand the needs and uses of powder coating. I'll even admit to being tempted to try it. So far, I've made it without drinking the Kool-Aid.

As for Youtube videos, ya' takes ya' chances, click on em' and hope for the best. Neither of the two Youtubers mentioned in this thread are my cup of tea. However, I give them credit for the help they have given others. They're good guys just trying to lend a hand.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Buddy
    I got a chuckle the other day when some other YouTuber opened up with hello from the hot pot. I've watched more of FCs videos and found them to be very helpful, but he had a series geared for beginners that went through smelting, casting, luring, etc
    Elvis repeats himself a lot when he says hello at the beginning, drives me nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Joel Chavez, I'm with you mang!

Okay, before anyone gets their feathers ruffled. I understand the needs and uses of powder coating. I'll even admit to being tempted to try it. So far, I've made it without drinking the Kool-Aid.
    I was their as little as 3 months ago..and then I drank that Kool-Aid... Now I will never traditionally lube a bullet again.

Boolit Buddy
    I learned some things from both of them, discounted others from them also. You have to admire them for commiting the time, energy and resources to make their videos. I know not everyone agrees on this forum with each other but that's what makes all the different methods to reach the same goal. Not everyone even has the same goal. I have made several videos and it's not as easy as it looks, try doing it in the mirror without a script and use a tape recorder. When your done play back the tape and see what you think. Give them credit they are trying and may help others to discover and enjoy this addiction as much as we all do.

Boolit Master
    I like Elvis ammo. It really feels like you are going to see one of your shooting buddies when you watch his videos. I like Fortune cookie 45 also. I didn't know about thier fued.

Quote Originally Posted by Targa View Post
    I was their as little as 3 months ago..and then I drank that Kool-Aid... Now I will never traditionally lube a bullet again.
    Same here. PC is just easier and cleaner.
    WWG1WGA

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    Same here. PC is just easier and cleaner.
    Blasphemy
    In Christ,

JC

Boolit Master
    I've watched videos from both of them, and not just about PCing. Sometimes when I'm considering buying a new piece of gear, I'll see whether FC has reviewed it. He was responsible for my purchase of two Auto-Drum measures.
    Re making videos, most of the firearms-related videos from other "authorities" out there are so amateurish I can't finish 'em. How many times have you been watching one and just wanted to yell, "WRITE A SCRIPT FIRST FOR PETE'S SAKE!" When it gets to that point, I turn them off and contemplate whether I want a nice cold drink...
    One facet of my having been a firearms, tactics and classroom instructor is called "train the trainer" under one hat, and teaching "instructor" classes under the other. Same principle. One of the traits we try to instill is the use of some sort of script. One of the traits we try to extinguish is the habit of saying "ya-know?, I-mean, Uh, OK, Like, Awright" etc, when there is no place for that distracting nonsense in the subject material. Most of these classes have the trainees mock-instruct a subject block in front of the class, while the guys teaching the class sit in the back taking notes and videoing the sweating victim. I usually had the task of keeping the "UH" scorepad, with a mark for every I-mean, Um, Like, Y'know, et al. Then the "real" instructors critique the trainee, who is usually floored by how many faux pas are on their score sheet: most won't believe it til they see the video.
    There are three types of lecturer, the trained, like the guys that narrate the vintage official GI training films, the natural, like Hickock, and the trained/natural, like Paul Harrell (who you can spot a mile away as an ex-military/police instructor). All develop a style of their own (for better or worse), and the trained one will develop into a natural over time if he has the depth of subject experience and the personality. Without one set of attributes, or the other, or both, though, there are the wannabe videographers who, depending on our own temperament and expectations, either drive us crazy or make us laugh.
    Ed <><

Banned

Never heard of either one...............

Boolit Master

Fortune Cookie was a huge help to me when i started casting. I had not found this forum, and knew nobody personally who cast. He was always quick to offer advice and helped me through my beginner fumbles. He is genuinely a really nice guy. Elvis is great, but to long winded for me. Are either of them members here?

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Proof that fumes from PC’ing are not safe.
    never really renesye bothereeeed sgr Ok
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Chavez View Post
    Blasphemy
    You say that, but I PC'd 350 boolits in about 30 min and at the same time I was fitting gas checks and resizing another set of boolits. I set/resized about 250 boolits at the same time.
    WWG1WGA

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    You say that, but I PC'd 350 boolits in about 30 min and at the same time I was fitting gas checks and resizing another set of boolits. I set/resized about 250 boolits at the same time.
    I PC certain things, but it's still an extra step. It is much faster to grab bullets out of the box and start running them thru the lubrisizer, because they're going to need to be sized regardless.

To the topic at hand... I watch neither of them. I have long advanced from casting plinking bullets (I still do) to serious casting for long range shooting, big bores, and BPCR. They don't really encompass my interests so I don't watch them.

Boolit Master
    This thread helped me a lot! I didn't know you could speed up u-tube videos! Now I can go back to decaf when watching Hickok45.
    Loren

Boolit Master
    Elvis is a rambling moron like Hickock.FC45 gets to the point faster than both put together. Just my opinion.

Boolit Master

Like all of you I have watched both.

I was not aware of the feud but having friends who know both men Elvis is my guy. FC is a introvert. Elvis is more of a extrovert. Not condemning either its easier to like a extrovert.

For some time I rarely watch FC45 as he has offered noting to teach me. And I find contradictions in his recommendations. Elvis is like a ol friend I do t care what he can teach I like his personality and enjoy the time.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I have ZERO idea what this topic is about but that's fine.

You folks need to remember that You Tube is an amateur platform.

These guys, the people who go to the trouble of making their videos are trying to share some 'revelation' they've had in our archaic casting and reloading hobby.
    They are trying in their own way to add to and pass on 'tips & tricks' that'll help some NEWB even the seasoned 'know-it-all'.

It strikes me as very sad that I see so many that want to 'Dog'Pile' on someone for whatever reason or excuse they use to do that.
    I see lot's of videos I don't care for...I don't go back...I don't kick the guy in the NADS for trying to help me.
    For the most part, these people make their videos on their own time & expense & make themselves vulnerable to all the lame commentary like we see here.

I doubt that 3% of us have a You Tube channel and do anything at all to promote our hobby...yet they feel qualified to 'belittle' others for their efforts.

That's a pretty sad commentary!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Well said OS OK.

Both creators bring something to the table, and I have learned a lot from them that got me to actually go out and try/experiment in my casting endeavors. As far as my opinion of just watching the vids, for some reason I tend to prefer Elvis. I also have watched a lot less of FC when he went the Patreon route and the 3 levels of membership. I don't have a problem with why he did it (creating quality content is time consuming, and usually expensive), but when he made that move after YouTube demonitized all the gun channels, I just didn't follow to Patreon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast