RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Pasadena, TX Gunshow, 1-30-21

Boolit Master

Pasadena, TX Gunshow, 1-30-21

I drove over today, to just see the turnout and if I could find anything I wanted, not needed. The place was slammed. This was at 12 Noon. Small line to get ticket, big line to get in. After 20 minutes, had entry. First table I went to, a lot of ammo. 22lr-10-15$ a box. 9mm, 20-30$ a box of 50. Ask the person, about primers. He pulls a 5000 case of large pistol magnum out and says this is all he has. $550. Decline, don't need those. WOW! Sticker shock to the max! Never saw any more. Lots of ammo, $1.00 + a round. Oof. Sad for those that don't "roll their own ". Did find a couple of mags I wanted, and a pound of powder I can use. $30 for the powder. About the same I would pay for it locally, if it were available. No social distancing, few with no masks, just slam packed. Couldn't wait to get home, and take a shower.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

Did you notice any tooled leather? I’m looking for a nice phone case to put on my belt.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

No, some knife sheaths, plain Jane, nothing to write home about. Just wrap around, no tooling on them.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

Thanks!
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    I was looking for some jerky and one of those really cool back scratcher thingys.

Quote Originally Posted by la5676 View Post
    I was looking for some jerky and one of those really cool back scratcher thingys.
    Go to Bucees

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Show in Virginia at Fishersville same day - drove 80 miles to get there and the line was over 100 yards long w/o any social distancing at
    10:30. People had been waiting hours to get in . I don't need anything that bad. Went to my favorite eatery in the neighborhood and went home ! Some folks in the line interested in the 1960's JM Marlin I was gonna sell/trade but no way I was waiting to get inside for the required BG check(since last July 1 in VA). Dealers probably had a great weekend,glad for 'em . Been quite a while since I had a "gun show fix", looks like I'll have to keep suffering from withdrawal !

I'm located in a rural area of Oklahoma that would require me to drive at least 60 miles to anything that would be called a fair gunshow.

Most gun folks have heard of the Tulsa Gunshow that happens twice a year. Both were cancelled this past year. If the Covid numbers drop enough, maybe they'll have one this April. If it's a go and the show is on? It should be a whopper to say the least. I've made it to two of the shows and it's a sight to see for sure. I can't imagine what the next one will be like. I'm just glad I don't need to go find out first hand.

Murphy
    Last edited by Murphy; 01-31-2021 at 10:32 PM.
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Just sit on your money! No need to rush out to by guns or ammo. That is what I do.. I am sure that most of you , like me have plenty of guns and really do not need another one right now! And if you were smart, you would have stocked up on reloading supplies when they were cheap and readily available, again like I did. I don't shoot 22lr's at at all and don't need them.

No one just absolutely HAS TO SHOOT stuff during these "dry" times. Things will improve as time goes on, just like it did during the past O'Bummer shortage.

Hang in there! It will get better.

bangerjim

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Things will improve as time goes on, just like it did during the past O'Bummer shortage.

Hang in there! It will get better.

bangerjim
    I do not have your Faith in Polotiks in charge this time, sorry.