MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Lee Sizer-Lubricator Kit Not Availably for .375” ?

Lee Sizer-Lubricator Kit Not Availably for .375” ?

I’ve been casting/sizing since the early ,70’s....but, only recently learned (through a fellow member) of the advantages of the Lee Sizer/Lubricator Kit.

I’ve got all diameters I need.....except the 0.375” or 0.376”. It appears that Lee does not offer the 0.375”/O.376”. Has anyone ever opened-up a 0.358” sizer to a 0.375”. Or, can anyone offer a solution to my little problem? memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Master

I sure thought they did. I've not studied them but it seems Lee has changed the style of their push through sizers recently. I do know what was left of the old style they stopped including the Alox in the kit.
    Good Luck,
    Rick

It sure looks like that size is missing! It's not on the LEE site.

Can't help with opening up a die. Maybe NOE has the right size?

I’m at a loss, and also surprised that the 0.375” is not listed. Especially with the popularity of the Cowboy Shoots!

BJK, Is The NOE similar to the Lee, in which you can size using the reloading press? memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Banned
    375Cal .375 Body Bushing (B375) https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop...-bushing-b375/

you need a 001 Push Through Size Die Body https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop...size-die-body/ to use the NOE

Boolit Master

As another option I believe Lathesmith, a member here could make one for you.
    Good Luck,
    Rick

Boolit Buddy
    They made one at one time.

I only know this because i have one for my Ruger No.1 375 H&H

As to when it was taken out of production i have no idea I've had mine for a long time.
    My feed back

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t-Small-anvils

I also leave feed back

Boolit Master

I believe they make or did make a 378 as I have one, made by Lee, I use it for my 375 H&H

i'm in the same boat, I ordered one from NOE, the bodies are backordered so I'm not so patiently waiting... LOL

Thanks to all who responded, especially BJK, Contidor22 & elginrunner. I had never heard of NOE, and it appears that I’ll be calling them. I wish that I had known of them, prior to ordering the Lee Kits in 5 different calibers! memtb
    Last edited by memtb; 01-31-2021 at 10:26 AM.

“LETS GO BRANDON”

At one time they did offer a .379 push thru sizer as I have one that came witha bunch of stuff I got from a late hunting buddy.

Boolit Master
    Lee will make a custom size push through die for additional fee, I had one made years ago. A good friend had one made not long ago, he needed a custom size for a 38-55. Some times they will miss a couple thousands, I had him order one slightly smaller and open it up to exactly what he wanted.

Boolit Buddy
    I have lapped out dies many times using a wooden dowel spilt 3/4" down from the top.
    Cut strips of med and then fine grain emery cloth.
    Then chucked into a drill and spun up and down in the die. Check the diameter often!
    Close diameters work best as the dies are hardened and you will need lots of patience.
    Send a few lubed bullets through and then check them as you get close to the diameter you want.
    You can always take more material out, but never can put it back.

Just finished making some sizer dies for my Lubersizer this way.
    In a pinch I have made them from 1/2NPT pipe bushings with appropriate pipe nipples inserted.